Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ScreamingDuck

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ScreamingDuck »

Hi. I first played Wesnoth what must be 10+ years ago and I really have to give some big appreciation to all who have make it was it has become since that time. It's an outstanding game and really challenges one to think. I've come to think of it as similar to the game of chess but on mega, mega steroids. Namely, a board that is much bigger, has terrain associated with specific squares (hexes) and a variety of pieces with various strengths and weaknesses. It's a game that challenges you to both accurately assess AND respect the strengths of the opposing forces.

I've played a huge amount vs AI on random scenarios matching up 2-3 random factions I control vs 5-6 enemy factions which creates some colorful combinations of challenges, but I'd probably do well to play vs real people and expand the challenges even more, in addition to having some social outlet, which I probably need!

Again thanks to all who've made this outstanding game what it is. I look forward to seeing what 1.14 has to offer.
Selenium

Post by Selenium »

Hello, I've been playing Wesnoth for probably two years now, and I've beaten all the default campaigns on at least medium difficulty (with some frustration on the harder campaigns) and thought I'd say hello to the community!
Niekdo

Post by Niekdo »

Hello,
I am from Czech Republic and found Wesnoth a long time ago on a bonus CD in some magazine. It may be about ten years ago. I fell in love with the and I am so glad, that there is still some development. Thank you so much!
My favourite campaigns are: Eastern Invasion, The Rise of Wesnoth and Under the Burning Suns.
As a tribute for Wesnoth, I upload my ingame wesnoth videos on my channell. You can watch them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQUceN ... ehrvzSMtkw (and I'll be glad if you subscribe or just watch and comment :) ).
Watch my Wesnoth walkthroughs on my youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQUceN ... ehrvzSMtkw
VerlamGenkeaso

Post by VerlamGenkeaso »

Hi to everyone! I'm new here, and I play Wesnoth not so long time
CobraDirector

Post by CobraDirector »

Hello all! New to the forum but played the game a bit in the past. I was looking for a game for my friends and I can play together and I remembered this game. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
soft_wizard

Post by soft_wizard »

Howdy, all --

I've been playing the game for a few weeks and am really enjoying it so far. It's the first game that truly reminds me of playing Master of Monsters, which is possibly my favorite game of all time. Did anyone else here try this game because they heard it was heavily influenced by MoM?
dark-forest-uman-i

Post by dark-forest-uman-i »

Hello, Wesnoth creators and all others here in this forum. I am a Linux user already many years and was a gamer for very long time too.
After many years of gaming, i came to programing and even thought about creating my game, based on html, css, and either php or python, or even with all them.
But still i did not created nothing and i want to play a game, that would be related to creativity, not to a destruction. I remembered some plays of Wesnoth, especially - Wesnoth map editor. 8)
I liked map editors from a time of me playing "Total Annihilation Kingdoms", a game about ancient and magical races, "Age of Wonders 2" and a "Shadows Magic" version of the second game. Maps creation was my free time and relaxation, especially i liked to isolate myself far from oposition, and either one, either with allies, to build a kingdom, then, to travel slowly but surely over oceans and conquer isles, still - far from the enemy, ... 8)
Now i remembered Wesnoth and want to tray to play it again, to create a map too, to share ideas.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

dark-forest-uman-i wrote: February 7th, 2021, 2:20 pm Hello, Wesnoth creators and all others here in this forum. I am a Linux user already many years and was a gamer for very long time too.
Hello dark-forest-uman-i :)

Welcome to the wesnoth forum and good luck in all your creative pursuits!
soft_wizard wrote: January 28th, 2021, 7:25 pm Howdy, all --
Hello soft_wizard! Glad you've been enjoying the game, I haven't ever played MoM but have heard it was similar. :D
ulaan

Post by ulaan »

Hello. New user here. I think I originally discovered Wesnoth somewhere around 2012 when I was looking for games in the Ubuntu application store, and I got quite hooked on it. Even dabbled in making a campaign of my own for a short while, although that's several PCs ago, so I no longer have any of that (and suffice to say it never reached any level of completion).

Been lurking this forum for a long time, but I just registered this account today because I wanted to sing Invasion from the Unknown's praises in the official topic.
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

I’m kinda back after 10 years.
Not playing too frequently but observing much and uploading replays of my games or of others I find interesting to my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1FE8E93E42B2105F
Take a breath.
custardlongjohn

Post by custardlongjohn »

I just started playing last week, and I've been liking it so far. I've been playing Heir to the Throne when I can, and I'm eventually going to try the editor.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

When a friend of my family repaired our pc, on summer 2013, he installed Ubuntu. So, my late sister tried several videogames, introducing me to BfW (then 1.10.7), her favourite Ubuntu videogame. Later, when I could buy a notebook of mine, I started playing newer versions. I'm still waiting for new mainline campaigns and improvements.
OkieDokie

Post by OkieDokie »

Hello,

Just started playing this game a few days ago and enjoying it. The multi-player co-op campaigns are also very fun, I don't know how to mod or anything, but hoping to so I can contribute to this fun user made content.
gnollfencer

Post by gnollfencer »

Hello there. I played this game a lot more than 10 years ago, but then paused for a while. I liked the multiplayer experience, but also many of the single player campaigns. I was actually surptised how fun this game is compared to some or most retail games that I knew of, lol. Looking forward to play it again.
Erikson994

Post by Erikson994 »

Hi everyone. It's quite a delightful surprise to know about Battle for Wesnoth. With everything this game offers, it definitely deserves a 30$ price tag in my opinion. Both story & gameplay is really good and there are so many I can learn from.
Personally I'm more of a RPG fans but I'd love to make a game myself someday (strategic RPG like Dragon Age Origins or J-RPG), and so I believe that there are so many things learn I can learn from a strategy game.