Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

supperman

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by supperman »

The_Gnat wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:11 pm Hi Supperman, yeah if you press ":" (or "shift"+":") a command line will come up. Type "debug". That will activate cheat mode. Then right click anywhere to change the side of a unit, add new unit, or kill enemy boss. :)
Thanks, it didn't occur to me that the last resort to prevent the rng from forcing defeat is cheating. :geek:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

supperman wrote: February 9th, 2020, 1:17 am Thanks, it didn't occur to me that the last resort to prevent the rng from forcing defeat is cheating. :geek:
:lol: :lol: Haha, well if you instead want tactical advice there are some great forum threads! https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewforum.php?f=3
miigaik

Post by miigaik »

Greetings to the friendly Wesnothian community! I am a player with many years of experience and I want to express my gratitude to both those who stood at the origins of the Battle for Wesnoth and those who continue to make this unique game even better. Thanks for your incredible work and for the game that has pleased me for over a dozen years!
Jay_jayjay

Post by Jay_jayjay »

Hello, I am a programmer.
I generally enjoy strategy games, but most of the strategy games (that were open source) were too hard for me, so I tried Wesnoth. I like playing Legend of the Invincibles, but I got through 1/2 of the second part before quitting, due to the fact that I accidentally did something wrong, and deleted some of the previous saves. :( After that, I found Project Haldric (https://github.com/wesnoth/haldric), which I started contributing to.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll stick around and contribute we certainly need that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hi!
I suck at strategy games. I'd seen Wesnoth before, it looked more complex than I had time for. Guess what I have plenty of right now?

I don't even know the game well enough to ask an intelligent question yet, but all of a sudden I've got time, and desire, and this game looks pretty damn good.

I look forward to asking semi-intelligent questions in the future.
But, 1st stupid Q, how do I add an avatar above my user name?

And while I'm not a particularly good gamer, I think I'm a decent observer.

From the outside, Wesnoth looks like the possibility of what happens when smart, diverse people work towards a common goal and it's frakking inspiring.

So, thank you to all involved. Peace from Portland
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Merkin wrote: April 24th, 2020, 2:08 amBut, 1st stupid Q, how do I add an avatar above my user name?
Follow this link: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar
Deemajeir

Post by Deemajeir »

Hi!

It's extremely cool to be here. Wesnoth has been a strong on-off passion for me since I first found it back when I was eight or something. Twelve years later I've once again gotten into the game, and looking at the hours I've spent with Wesnoth in the past weeks of physical distancing, it looks like I'm here to stay. So at last, it's time to move from reading the forums to participating in the forums!

Some facts about me:
- dude
- Finnish
- Student of philosophy and social sciences
- A big fan of hitting my head against the wall until the wall cracks (this is a metaphor for playing Wesnoth)

I've noticed some people are clearly quite active here, mostly developers. How active do you guys think the community is these days? Obviously forums in general have been quite dead for quite some time, but I hope this one will keep on living!

As you can imagine from my field of study, I'm no programmer. However, my knack for language is not the worst, and I noticed penguinsarecool1110 talking about the Finnish translation on this thread. It'd be a pleasure to join the effort, so if someone can spare the time to tell me who to contact and how to get started I'd be grateful!

As stated before, it's extremely cool to be here.

Deemajeir
The Sceptre of Fire-Fetched Puns
Cdawg_6969

Post by Cdawg_6969 »

I’m brand new to the game. Just started playing yesterday. I love turn based strategy games but my pc is junk so I can’t run big AAA games so here I am. However this game is amazing and rivals many AAA games I’ve played. I’m looking for someone to teach me the ropes.
Cdawg_6969

Post by Cdawg_6969 »

Deemajeir wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:20 am Hi!

It's extremely cool to be here. Wesnoth has been a strong on-off passion for me since I first found it back when I was eight or something. Twelve years later I've once again gotten into the game, and looking at the hours I've spent with Wesnoth in the past weeks of physical distancing, it looks like I'm here to stay. So at last, it's time to move from reading the forums to participating in the forums!

Some facts about me:
- dude
- Finnish
- Student of philosophy and social sciences
- A big fan of hitting my head against the wall until the wall cracks (this is a metaphor for playing Wesnoth)

I've noticed some people are clearly quite active here, mostly developers. How active do you guys think the community is these days? Obviously forums in general have been quite dead for quite some time, but I hope this one will keep on living!

As you can imagine from my field of study, I'm no programmer. However, my knack for language is not the worst, and I noticed penguinsarecool1110 talking about the Finnish translation on this thread. It'd be a pleasure to join the effort, so if someone can spare the time to tell me who to contact and how to get started I'd be grateful!

As stated before, it's extremely cool to be here.

Deemajeir
Wanna play sometime??
Shirato

Post by Shirato »

I've come back to Wesnoth after a long time, and after playing a couple of campaigns, I was inspired to get involved in creating my own scenarios, multiplayer maps, and possibly campaigns. I've already designed my first map, which I'm considering uploading to the forums or the add-on server in game. Let me know what you think, and if there is anything I can do to make it better! (I could only capture the top part of the map, the bottom is the same as the top, so it's symmetrical.)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 7.38.03 AM.png
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Deemajeir wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:20 amAs you can imagine from my field of study, I'm no programmer. However, my knack for language is not the worst, and I noticed penguinsarecool1110 talking about the Finnish translation on this thread. It'd be a pleasure to join the effort, so if someone can spare the time to tell me who to contact and how to get started I'd be grateful!
penguinsarecool1110 is listed as the Finnish maintainer on https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesnothTranslations - best contact him or post something on https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11807 to get started.
JambonMozza

Post by JambonMozza »

Hello everyone I'm new here but not in Wesnoth.

I'm french so sorry for my english ^^

I'm looking for good players or good advices to play in multi.

I'm 31 years old and a bit nostalgic with the olds games. Wesnoth is one of them =)

Fr and En are welcome !

Answer me by MP ;) just to .. not flood

Thanks !
Amon_Jullien

Post by Amon_Jullien »

Hello I'm new here and I'm from Brasil
Poison

Post by Poison »

Hi, welcome to the forums!