Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Raket

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Raket »

Hi! This is a great game and I'm enjoying it so much.

I'd like to thank all the developers, programmers, coders, mappers, artists, musicians and staff for their hard work!

This is really a rare golden gem among videogames.
Thomiroth

Post by Thomiroth »

Greetings! I am Thomiroth, a mighty fine pleasure it is to meet you.
I just recently got into Wesnoth with a pal (I heard about it, snagged it and snagged him for a good few hot-seats) and I'd like to try to get into the multiplayer side of things, the computer being unfortunately lacking after a while.

Either way, I'm not the best at the whole forum gig, but I'll try to be as active as I can. :)
ToastedToast

Post by ToastedToast »

Hello! I'm a toasted toast (hell yeah) and I've started to play Wesnoth just a few weeks ago. :) As I became addicted I just HAD to come here.
I love this game and I want to thank the developers :)
vine

Post by vine »

hi, hello.
i'm vine, i've been playing wesnoth for a while now but only campaigns and against ai. just starting to dabble with multiplayer now, good times.
cheers.
stormbringer951

Post by stormbringer951 »

Hi.

I'm s951. I'm an on again, off again Wesnoth fan. I've been playing intermittently since around 1.4, although I'm not very good (I've never tried multi, and I have trouble with some of the more difficult campaigns) and I've never got very deep into the game before.
Danthar

Post by Danthar »

Hello everyone,

Pleased to meet you all. :)

I have recently come back to Battle for Wesnoth (loved the game from the first moment I tried it to the last time I played it (which, not counting last week, was when the latest stable release was 1.3.4)), and I hope to quickly become a welcomed member of the community.
Now if I loved it so much, why did I vanish for so long?

Well, it's easy to explain. I played it a lot back then, and after a while you want to try other things/games. Also, my computer crashed at one point and I didn't bother to download because I was busy with all kinds of things. Notably in my life outside the computer realm.
Yet I always remembered Wesnoth fondly for the future, as something to always be able to fall back upon.
I even downloaded the game at one point and saved it with my backups so that I would always be able to play.

Recently I came across a game that reminded me of this so I googled Battle for Wesnoth and lo and behold, it's version 1.10 now!
I installed, am playing the 'Heir to the Throne' campaign again and having a blast. I see lots of small and big changes and all of them good.

Just now tried out the map editor and made myself a tiny map and tried it out against the Computer. So much fun! I want to make a scenario out of it.

With all this Wesnoth goodness I decided to make an account (didn't do that beofre, to busy playing) and hopefully become a community member. I just want to share and partake in the community behind this brilliant game and if time permits I want to make a campaign, hopefully fun and good enough so that people will want to play it.
The guide basically suggested that after making a map we share it on these forums so that sealed it.

About me?
My age is 29, I am male, studied astrophysics, taken courses in hieroglyphs (Middle-Egyptian), phillosophy, counselling and coaching, Voice Dialogue (counselling technique), and did two spiritual workshops.
I am friendly, goodnatured, happy, positive and openminded.

Thank you for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask them, I will be happy to answer them.

Danthar
Patch

Post by Patch »

Hmm, wahh... its been a year since i wrote something here, gotta say, I checked my old posts... Excuse me for the bad english I really wasn't good back then... hehe laught at myself XD, so im back to the forums and to wesnoth 'cause I was playing other games... still as good as ever huh.
najo18

Post by najo18 »

Hello from Indonesia. I found this game in 2008 thanks to my school lab computer. My lab computer is Fedora Linux and every single computer have Wesnoth installed. Until now I usually played Wesnoth when I'm bored doing coding in Linux (F** yeah CS student). Right now I registered to this forum to participate in GSoC 2012. But even if I didn't accepted I hope I can contribute something meaningful to the community.

Cheers. :mrgreen:
FAKevin

Post by FAKevin »

Hi everyone! I am Kevin, a newer to this game.I know this game from Ubuntu software center. I really love it.Happy Everyday!
KShrike

Post by KShrike »

Hello.
Behold, a brony has entered the forums.

Anyway, my name is KShrike, and I've played this game several times, but recently it has given me a hook that which I cannot let go of. It is going to be a part of my life for a long time now, so I might as well get used to this.

Back when I was experimenting with Linux, I found this and several other Open Source games. This one is what stuck out the most.

The first time I played it, it was on a Linux machine that I could not enable the sound card on (darn Linux, and darn my inexperience as a prospective Computer Science major back in high school). I enjoyed the game, but eventually I had to give up on the Linux project. I just didn't have the time to devote to learning everything.

The next three times that I installed the game it was on a Windows machine of sorts. I had installed BfW on a Flash drive and was able to play it on the school computers during my programming classes (oh, naughty KShrike, wait, you already did your work? Carry on). That ended when I graduated. Honestly, I save scummed my way through everything. I discovered the music for the first time, and WOW! I was amazed that the open source project actually provided music of this magnitude. I read on that the developer philosophy was not to make looping BGMs but masterpieces.

The second to last time I installed the game, I definitely did not have the time to play it, so that session ended immediately. Honestly, I think I downloaded it just so I could listen to the music files again.

The most recent time (now as of this post), I have learned to not save scum, and now this game has me by it's clutches and won't let me go. I desire to learn everything about becoming a better player in that game, and in turn, a better strategist. And hopefully, when I stop being lazy and actually learn to apply the 6 languages I only partly know, I want to give back to this game (don't hold me to it please).

At any rate, some more about me is that I'm a brony, but you probably can just look up what that is (prays that Google doesn't lead you to what we aren't).

Anyway... that's my introduction. I hope to have a lot of fun playing with you guys, and discussing this game with you guys.

KShrike, the brony strategist.
I actually don't like cavalry... isn't that ironic.
Ignas

Post by Ignas »

Greets. I am Ignas. I played Wesnoth since I was quite young. Got it from a magazine CD. It was really fun, and I rediscovered it a few years ago.
CHEERS! :lol2:
REDDIT AND WESNOTH. That's all I need.
Jean_mi

Post by Jean_mi »

Hi, I'm Jean mi, I found this game a long time ago, playing time to time. I really like the strategies in this game and the campaigns. I mainly do campaigns but I also play multi. :).
Astragoth

Post by Astragoth »

Hello there! I just discovered this game a few days ago searching desperatly for a turn based strategy game that suit me. I used to play Brigandine on PS1 years ago and this game although different is quite similar in many ways. I enjoy it so far, playing through the Httt campaigh on normal. NICE JOB to all involved in the project! And all this fun for free, really THX!

Hoping to get myself in the PvP part after im done with the campaigns and mastered hotkeys. Even better if some of my friends join the fun!
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

My parents died in 2008 so I inhereited a lot of wealth and a castle in Scotland, where I have never been to before. Anuts, uncils, and my foolish cousins are all mean and despicable people, who would most probably ask me for money instead of keeping me company, even pretend that as if we are a family; my godfather is the only person who serves my family with full loyalty, and teach me how to govern over my parents' empire. He forced me to sign up for taking over the controlership of their empire at 2018, so he can finally retire and enjoy a holiday. My best friend dies in April 7th, 2012; my another best friend is a jerk, whose unfaithful father divorced twice; my another friend don't really talk, he is radical, and was nearly "made crazy by this whole world" twice. To keep my identity and wealth safe, uncil made me to use several aliases.

Besides of all that bluppering, I am I.R.Lionheart and like wesnoth.
Ninjuri

Post by Ninjuri »

Heyyo, i am Ninjuri. I first played Wesnoth when someone made a thread about it many, many years ago on an imageboard i frequent, but back then i wasn't really observant enough to learn all the little micromanagement, so i wasn't very good. A few weeks ago for some reason the game just popped into my head and how fun it was, but i couldn't even remember the name! I did remember one key thing, however, which was the hexes. So, using this clue i scoured the internet for days and eventually found my way back here. Now that i'm back i find that i am faring a lot better than i did in the past.

I've always been into strategy, both turn based and real time, some of my favorites are starcraft, WCIII, and Advance Wars 2. Back when i spent the majority of my free time on WCIII, i would often make wondrous intricate custom maps and campaigns, my brain is just flowing with stories ready to pour out. I can't wait to start making campaigns here too; after i learn a bit more and get some experience, that is.

I am a bit of a communist, so naturally i love the idea of a community-driven freeware game. The whole not-exactly-mainstream aspect just makes it even better.

I am really friendly and goofy, and i look forward to carving a name for myself here on the forums.
Fate is against me.