General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TreeBearded

Post by TreeBearded »

I dislike the new lobby. Its very buggy....when I try to join a game before I can double click the darn lobby scrolls down or up. Ended up in different games or with starting hero's I didn't want to play. The maps are tiny little dots. I hate to squint.

I dislike the new drake graphics. It's very hard to tell them apart from one another. Please bring back the beloved old drakie graphics.

Too many little changes like font size, pop-up box sizes, new graphics...etc makes for a unsettling experience for a long time player.

Sorry for the rant...I've loved every change until this one.
Captain_Wrathbow

Re: 1.8

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

As for the MP lobby stuff- I don't do MP at all so the truth is that I haven't even seen the new lobby.
RANT WARNING - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Hear, hear!
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
George Bush, when shown a map of the world
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Guys, give it some time. The kinks will be worked out.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
TreeBearded

Post by TreeBearded »

BTW - not to take away from everyone's hard work. You guys do a hell of a job!
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

:hmm: Hm, reminds me of something... Oh, yeah:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 65&start=0

Seriously, if you prefer the old drake graphics so, make a patch to replace the new ones with the old ones. Someone mentionned something 'bout it some time ago, you could look at it with him. I, for one, would be really sad to go back to the old drakes.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

To add to the ever-growing pile:
TreeBearded wrote:I dislike the new drake graphics. It's very hard to tell them apart from one another. Please bring back the beloved old drakie graphics.
:| I've never yet heard one of the mainline Wesnoth artists -people who know art- say that. I personally like these graphics better, they look more intimidating and realistic. If you have a complaint with the graphics, why not suggest how to make them better (in the proper forum, of course).
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

If there are any bugs with the lobby please report them so they can be fixed!

For example:
On the players list, every time someone leaves or joins the lobby, the scrollbar zooms back to the top.
^^ In a bug report at bugs.wesnoth.org
Last edited by Gambit on April 1st, 2010, 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

TreeBearded wrote: I dislike the new drake graphics. It's very hard to tell them apart from one another. Please bring back the beloved old drakie graphics..
You'll get used to them. When you'll do you'll find that they are actually much easier to tell apart than the old ones.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

just reported the auto-scrolling lobby on gna.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

I didn't download 1.8 yesterday because I was thought it might be an april fools of some sort with all the other stuff going on, must say its really nice. :D
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28814 That's what I get for proposing a change to only one sprite. When I first downloaded 1.7, I despised the Drake sprites, but I only had a first impression of them. I miss the old ones, but these ones still rock, and it's about time that they start fitting in with the other units' sprites. And for me personally, I use the old Saurian Skirmisher (and it's subsequent lines) sprites from 1.0 used for every Wesnoth version I have ever downloaded.

Edit: I am somewhat surprised seeing people discussing the new Drake Sprites, (here and all over the MP server) when I got used to them about 2-3 months ago. I'm kinda surprised everyone's been playing 1.6

This is what thespaceinvader said on my post:
thespaceinvader wrote: No.

Seriously, we've spent more than a year coming up with a decent look, and logical weapon set for the Drakes. We WILL NOT be changing them back to the old sprites, which were, frankly, ghastly. It's been suggested before, and the answer was the same. You'll get used to them. And those last two will look better when we finally have some time to animate them (and I'm extremely hopeful that that will be pre-1.8, but I'm not certain at present.

Locked.
And while I kind of hated him at the time, I later realized he was right.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

The new drakes are awesome. :D Well done guys.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
ScipioAfricanus

Post by ScipioAfricanus »

Frogger5 wrote:The new drakes are awesome. :D Well done guys.
Definitely! And slightly off topic, but I love the tweaks to the orc sprites too.
Icarusvogel

Post by Icarusvogel »

(slightly offtopic again)

I just got 1.8, started Delfie's Memoirs, and so far, I love it. Great everything, only... oh well, I'll post it in the Writer's Forum. Back to the graphics: I like the new rouge graphics, only the attack animations seem a little slow to me.

EDIT: Yep, the new orcs are great. Now the archer looks a little more like the grunt, not so un-orcish.
You are a Necromancer - Intelligent and powerful, yet reclusive and misunderstood, you dabble in dark arts that everyone else can only dream of.