Best non-mainline campaign?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sandmanvt

Best non-mainline campaign?

Post by sandmanvt »

I just finished northern rebirth on nightmare and am looking for a new campaign. What are the best new (or not so new but not mainline) ones, preferably with big battles and good story?

I looked for a thread on this but got tired of looking, sorry...

Thanks,

Sandy
Zarel

Re: Best non-mainline campaign?

Post by Zarel »

Invasion from the Unknown, if you're looking for big battles. It should tide you over for a pretty long time. ;)
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
Jyuukenbu

Post by Jyuukenbu »

Invasion from the Unknown and Bad Moon Rising are very likely the two most developed non-mainline campaigns currently.
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

This thread should also containt some good suggestions…
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

Also Dead Waters, although that one will be going mainline for the next major version, so it may not count.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Maybe not so many huge battles, but as far as good non-mainline campaigns, Sceptre of Life and Count Kromire are also ones you could play.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
sandmanvt

Post by sandmanvt »

catwhowalksbyhimself wrote:Also Dead Waters, although that one will be going mainline for the next major version, so it may not count.
When will that be coming out?
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

As long as it takes, but not a for while. A beta will likely be out once the next stable main version is officially released, which should be soon. I would not wait until then to play it though.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

sandmanvt wrote:When will that be coming out?
It will be in as of 1.9. (As soon as 1.8 is released, that will be the new development version.) It's ready apart from the artwork, which is currently being worked on.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

Note that you can already play it by downloading it from the addons server in 1.7/1.8.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
jayce

Post by jayce »

I really liked "The Eight Of Cembulad" in the 1.4 version... I like to see it updated to the last version...
--
Jayce Piel - MosX.org
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

ooze mini campaign is also pretty good. it has a decent storyline and an rpg scenerio, and 2 medium- ish sized battles. the downside is length: it's not very long, as the name suggests.
JustinOperable
Art Contributor

Post by JustinOperable »

are there any good rpg inspired campaigns on the add on server that aren't multiplayer?
Creative Commons Fantasy Portrait Marathon!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131 ... t-marathon
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Velensk's War of the Dragon impressed me a lot when I played it at the first time in BfW 1.4 although many great campaigns exist in UMC.
jayce wrote:I really liked "The Eight Of Cembulad" in the 1.4 version... I like to see it updated to the last version...
Yeah! That is great one also. I have played it probably three times in 1.4, but we have to install {AMLA_DEFAULT} on Taan unit to work him correctly if my memory is right. (Struggle For Freedom is also WYRMY's nice campaign.)

To wesfreak: English grammar in Brave Wings has been fixed by Sneezy. So I hope you do not hate it as much as used to be anymore.:smile: I will also change undead-eyes to its pulse on next edition. Yes! they probably do not have eyes.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

I liked the imperial era campaigns, they were pretty good. Unfortunately the main developer, Turin left to go to college in Rome. I noticed he logged on Christmas Eve so maybe he'll notice that imperial era should be updated (Oh shoot, I promised to update imperial era, does that include the campaigns? Hmm…)
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.