My iphone experience

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sandmanvt

My iphone experience

Post by sandmanvt »

I am no veteran but have completed all standard campaigns and played some multiplayer on my mac. I just got the iphone version and have a few comments/questions.

1. It is SLOW. I have a first g itouch and will grant that i started on maybe mowt demanding campaign, northern rebirth. But it takes 30 MINUTES at least between turns on th second map. I have wiped almost evrything else from my ipod and have 5G of memory left. I tried reinstalling. Ive tried turning off all the options like character movement while idle. 30 Minutes?! Is there any hope that this will be improved with updates? Maybe they could make the graphics more basic?

2. I tried multiplayer and there were no games. If it is like the pc version though, i dont think i could do it as i cant devote 2 hours at a time. Will there be a game mode where you could play a turn, leave for an hour while opponents move, come back take another turn, etc? If you havent tried yet, reign of swords 2 is the type im thinking of and works very well.
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Re: My iphone experience

Post by StandYourGround »

It is the first version, and improvements are coming. As for Northern rebirth, the second scenario is HUGE anyway. You can expect it to take a while. A 1st Gen. iPod Touch isn't bad, but it is a bit limited in processing power. I've been pretty lucky with my 3rd Gen. iPod Touch, as Wesnoth has run pretty well.

For now, please try out a few shorter scenarios, and wait patiently for upgrades, which will come. :)
I will now resume lurking silently.