The old iPhone port thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Arantir

Re: Wesnoth for iPhone out now!

Post by Arantir »

btw i've found a bug in the dark forecast mp scenario.no matter what team(1,2 etc.) you pick,you cannot attack the incoming waves of enemies and they cannot attack u.
barefootguru

Post by barefootguru »

KylePoole wrote:I've decided to remove the "phone home" Flurry analytics code from the next update. It wasn't particularly useful, and I don't really want people to worry about network charges...
Thanks Kyle, appreciated. 1.2 is much better and playable, though I look forward to future improvements in speed, stability, and interface.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The track markers on the story map in AOI are not in the right location. In the first scenario of HttT, I can't find the track markers at all.
Arantir

Post by Arantir »

found another bug.on a new land scenario the game sometimes crashes randomly(usually when i'm trying to build a university or on the research screen).Also the double-clicking on the units in this scenario doesn't always work,sometimes it takes me 7-8 clicks to give orders to peasants for example.
Arantir

Post by Arantir »

Also I think it would be helpful if you could see enemy unit resistances.On pc there are at least 3 ways to do it(unit description;left-click on unit's weapon showed all the units' in play resistances to that weapon;and on damage calculations screen). It may not be that useful in skirmishes but in campaigns,which have new types of units that would be a good thing or in survival scenarios it can also prove to be helpful.
riot9

Post by riot9 »

I'm new to the Wesnoth community, and my introduction came by the way of the iPhone. Thanks to everyone who has worked to make the game possible, and to Kyle for porting it over.

I couldn't really see any other posts about the iPhone that seemed to fit better, so if I'm in the wrong place, let me know.

I've been having a lot of crashing problems with multiplayer in particular. It will crash and exit the game on a regular basis while I'm in multiplayer. This happens on my iPhone 3G very often, and occasionaly on my brother's iPod Touch (3rd Gen). On my iPhone, it will happen when I'm in the menu looking for games, and also when I'm in the middle of a game.
I've tried restarting my phone, and also deleting the app and re-downloading it, but it hasn't had an impact on the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this on an iPhone 3G?

Since I know this is an evolving project, I've got some suggestions for future improvements.

Browsing the list of multiplayer games on an iPhone 3G is very sluggish, and takes a minute or so to find the game I was looking for. If it's not possible to really make it more responsive, then maybe if there's an option to filter the games so it only shows games hosted by your friends, or games that your friends are in, that would work around the problem.

The ability to set a password on a hosted game would be helpful as well.

I know this is probably not possible, but Bluetooth support would be incredible. If it's not possible, it might be nice to be able to do a local wi-fi game (basically just a LAN game).

Like Arantir mentioned, being able to see resistances would be helpful, especially for new players like myself.

The game is great, thanks again to everyone who has had a hand in making this possible.
Dietlama

Post by Dietlama »

I would also like to support the last two posters in their request for more easily visible resistances.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

I've been looking and one thing that seems to be missing on the sidebar is a unit's alignment- lawful, neutral, chaotic, etc. If someone who hasn't played the pc version plays the iPhone version and doesn't know about unit alignments, he might be confused why skeletons deal so much more damage at night. Maybe it's there and I haven't found it yet, but if it's not already a part of the sidebar, it should be.
riot9

Post by riot9 »

I just found out how to show resistances on the iPhone version. You tap on the unit's HP/XP section and it pops up showing all resistances for that unit.

I do agree that seeing the alignment would be very, very useful. I've never played the PC/Mac/Linux version, so I don't have it memorized, and have no way to plan my strategy around the time of day.
mof-ia

Post by mof-ia »

sweet.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Can one of the mods please sticky this thread? Maybe it will at least cut out half of the "I need help with the IPhone version" threads.
Zarel

Re: The official iPhone port thread

Post by Zarel »

Better yet, we might want a separate forum or subforum for the iPhone version specifically.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
jayce

Post by jayce »

Zarel wrote:Better yet, we might want a separate forum or subforum for the iPhone version specifically.
I think it is a good idea...
--
Jayce Piel - MosX.org
zigzagff17

Post by zigzagff17 »

Ok, I love wesnoth, but at the end of every scenario, it boots me out and crashes, I've been stuck at the end of a scenario for hours.
Anyone know how to overcome this.?
svaucher

Helpful out of memory message

Post by svaucher »

First off, thanks for the port. I have one major usability issue: I had to come online to figure out that saved games use up memory. I was getting low memory messages, so I was saving more often, and consequently, the game became unplayable. How about a workaround description instead of a "please reboot"? For example, if you are running out of memory, you might delete some saved games as these use up memory... An autoremove saved games from completed scenarios would be good too (if it exists, apologies; I saw it for autosaves).