IPhone beta

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IPhone beta

Post by Sangel »

jayce wrote:
jayce wrote: First, I insist on the bug on the distance allowed for units that sometimes is far less than normal.
I think the problem appears only after loading a saved game.

Hope this helps.
I've noticed the same bug while playing DiD; it appears that sometimes, upon loading a game, movement costs for your units are inexplicably doubled. I've also been suffering crashes in DiD level 2.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
KylePoole
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by KylePoole »

jayce wrote:
jayce wrote: First, I insist on the bug on the distance allowed for units that sometimes is far less than normal.
I think the problem appears only after loading a saved game.

Hope this helps.
Yes that does help a lot! Thanks, I fixed it for the next release...

I realize now that the calculation for the inertia scrolling is wrong... It uses a simple distance over time for the velocity, which gets thrown off it you pause during your scrolling. I changed it to sample the velocity every frame, and use the last known velocity when you lift your finger. Works a lot better now...
JemDaddyO

Post by JemDaddyO »

KylePoole wrote:
Yes that does help a lot! Thanks, I fixed it for the next release...

I realize now that the calculation for the inertia scrolling is wrong... It uses a simple distance over time for the velocity, which gets thrown off it you pause during your scrolling. I changed it to sample the velocity every frame, and use the last known velocity when you lift your finger. Works a lot better now...
That's great that we're making a difference helping you improve the game.

I had another idea about moving units and scrolling. How hard would it be to detect the screen edge and scroll while you are dragging a unit to move. Let's say you tap on a unit to move and HOLD your finger down, then drag in the direction to move. If the screen edge is reached, then it scrolls until you back off from the edge. Lots of other games do this and I think it works pretty nice.
GuypronouncedGuy

Post by GuypronouncedGuy »

This is a graphic glitch I've noticed.
When a level 1 rogue attacks it looks like they turn into a javelineer? They are back to normal after the attack is done.
It's consistent in the Rise of Wesnoth campaign, haven't played another to find out.
Honour is given
Respect is earned
Trust is shared
Integrity is a choice, not a trait.
jayce

Post by jayce »

GuypronouncedGuy wrote:This is a graphic glitch I've noticed.
When a level 1 rogue attacks it looks like they turn into a javelineer? They are back to normal after the attack is done.
It's consistent in the Rise of Wesnoth campaign, haven't played another to find out.
I saw this too, but not only with rogues. I noticed the problem with a bowman and some others...

To continue with graphic bugs. Units that have a picture greater than an hex (bats, gryphon rider....) have some sort of "ghost traces" on the 2 hexs under the unit...
--
Jayce Piel - MosX.org
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Might as well report a few bugs. The tooltips don't fade once your finger leaves; if you run your finger up and down the sidebar menu you get a dozen tooltips at once, and when you take your hand off they leave imprints that are somewhat annoying. Will post a screenie later. Also, some units are moved strangely to the side. I suspect that the game is trying to auto-align the unit frames with the hex.
jayce

Post by jayce »

Hey Kyle,

Can you post a list of known/reported bugs and features and state of them (corrected in next release, need more info, not reproductible, delayed, too much complex :-)).

With a list like this, we can see if we can hope for the next release, help to isolate a bug, see if the-bug-we-just-discover is already reported or specify better a feature request or.... simply help you more... :-)
--
Jayce Piel - MosX.org
benwulf

Post by benwulf »

Dave wrote:
KylePoole wrote: That's a good point... how about if it stops your unit movement and scrolls to the enemy unit that was sighted?
The idea we had for this was to draw a red line between your unit and the enemy unit, so you can easily see where the enemy is and take action if appropriate, but you also know "oh that's some enemy off in that direction...I don't care that much."

We never implemented this in Wesnoth because most screens are big enough so it is mostly a non-issue, but on the iPhone I think it'd be useful. I tend to think that actually scrolling the screen would be annoying, though.

David
I'm hoping that some of the enhancements which will have to be made to the iphone UI to get it to be more playable will make it back to the trunk.
Not necessarily to be used in pc version but I noticed that there is also a psp port and if more device ports are done there is probably a good set of improvements which would help for all small screen small resources platforms
Ktalyx

Post by Ktalyx »

In the campaign "Son of the Black Eye", there's a problem with villages in the snow : they are INVISIBLE ! The only way to see them is the flag of possession so if they are neutral you can't get them.

In the scenario "A new land", I can't create water because I can't go at the bottom of the list.
tsr

Post by tsr »

jayce wrote:Hey Kyle,

Can you post a list of known/reported bugs and features and state of them (corrected in next release, need more info, not reproductible, delayed, too much complex :-)).

With a list like this, we can see if we can hope for the next release, help to isolate a bug, see if the-bug-we-just-discover is already reported or specify better a feature request or.... simply help you more... :-)
I thought I had seen something about this somewhere and look what I found: http://wesnoth.repositoryhosting.com/tr ... h_wesnoth/

Kyle: can you please update any relevant threads with that info...

/tsr
jayce

Post by jayce »

tsr wrote:I thought I had seen something about this somewhere and look what I found: http://wesnoth.repositoryhosting.com/tr ... h_wesnoth/

/tsr
Great, thanks.
--
Jayce Piel - MosX.org
KylePoole
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by KylePoole »

Thanks for the bug reports!
Let's stick to the other thread now, since it is out of beta...