Campaigns without time pressure

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dfTruF

Campaigns without time pressure

Post by dfTruF »

Hi,

Are there any single player campaigns without time pressure for every scenario (without limits of turns)?
Such campaigns would not have been so easy, when properly balanced.

+ +
TheMasterOfBattle

Re: Campaigns without time pressure

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

As far as I know, no such campaign exists. Or course, I was never much of a SP player, but all the campaigns I have played had turn limits. The reason for the turn limit is just to make it more difficult for you and to compensate for the AI's stupidity. ;)
cretin

Post by cretin »

there are some scenario's in some campaigns where there are no time limits, but i havnt to my knowledge run across an entire campaign without one. your always welcome to make one though if your really interested
dfTruF

Post by dfTruF »

cretin wrote:there are some scenario's in some campaigns where there are no time limits, but i havnt to my knowledge run across an entire campaign without one. your always welcome to make one though if your really interested
CampGen requires specific limit of turns for every scenario.
I must put some big number of turns (for example 99999) or 0 for "emulate" limitless turns for scenario?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

If you put in -1 for the number of turns, the user will be given an infinite number of turns to complete the scenario.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

One of the reasons that most senarios have a time limit is so that a player cannot milk them for infinite xp and gold.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."