If you could be reborn into an in-game race...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CIB
Code Contributor

Post by CIB »

Undead.. WC or something.. Me no want brain ;p
JW

Post by JW »

CIB wrote:Undead.. WC or something.. Me no want brain ;p
Me want EAT brain!!! :P
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Clonkinator wrote:I'd want to be an elf. I always liked elves. I also like forests a lot, and the fact that elves can become several hundred years old is really nice. :)
Also, I always wanted to use a bow (and be it for hunting only). I don't really know why, but imo bows are really cool.
Ha, the use of a bow for hunting goes against the Elvish teaching. They are naturist vegan tree-hugging warriors, not hunters. :wink:

And only warriors when necessity calls.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Federalist marshal
Art Contributor

Post by Federalist marshal »

Well, if I'd get reborn into Wesnoth, I'd definitely be human. I'd be a Grand Marshal, commanding my armies about to fight and banish the evils that threaten the land.
If I were to be reborn into the real world as a previously nonexistent race, then I'd be an elf. Then I'd have much more magic on my side.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Zhukov wrote:Hmm... then again, orc has it's attractions. Perhaps generic villianism would be a fair price for the opportunity to cut Turin down halfway through his dramatic last words.

:P
Orc is actually my second choice out of the default races. ;)

Darth Jordius wrote:Ha, the use of a bow for hunting goes against the Elvish teaching. They are naturist vegan tree-hugging warriors, not hunters.
Christopher Paolini will PERISH IN FLAME for what he has done to the modern conception of the Elven race. :evil:

(And for, you know, writing a bunch of s***.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

PERISH IN FLAME
Internet damage type.

I'd take fringe wesnothian. The chance to go outlaw, loyalist or right out malevolent is too good to pass.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
scienceguy8

Post by scienceguy8 »

Hard to say. For official race, I'd either want to be an elf or a dwarf. If an elf, then an Archer or any member of the Archer line. If a dwarf, then a Thunderer or a Gryphon Rider. But if you also include incomplete user-made factions, then I would want to be a shard; don't know what kind of shard I'd want to be however.
"You can't kill an unarmed, upside down man!"
Dr. Rodney McKay
Stargate Atlantis
Runner

Gilberti Industries
scienceguy8
Proud Member of the Marching Salukis
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:I'd want to be an elf. I always liked elves. I also like forests a lot, and the fact that elves can become several hundred years old is really nice. :)
Also, I always wanted to use a bow (and be it for hunting only). I don't really know why, but imo bows are really cool.
Ha, the use of a bow for hunting goes against the Elvish teaching. They are naturist vegan tree-hugging warriors, not hunters. :wink:

Ah well. I'd still want to be an elf, and be just because they know well how to use a bow. :P
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

My take on elves has never included objecting to hunting, they are lords of the woods and act like it, including a feeling of superiority to their serfs, and although not materialistic, very territorial.

Because I posted, I might as well answer the topic. I don't care about the variouse aptitudes of the races, I've never been discontent with my current lot.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Federalist marshal
Art Contributor

Post by Federalist marshal »

IMO, elves are only arrogant towards humans.
And I agree with (what I think) turin said. If elves don't hunt, then they probably wouldn't be good with bows to begin with.
unsung

Post by unsung »

A lavinian.
Noting quite like charging into a horde of barbarians and killing them all.
plus, seeing some romans would do the modern world some good- they knew how to actually get stuff done.*

And you don't need to be an elf to use a bow- only drakes don't use bows, bet hey- theyr're probably dieing out for a reason.

* I've been thinking a LOT about that, truth be told.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Not quite in-game yet, but Free Goblin Ponderer for me. Spending all day coming up with ideas that are so crazy they just might work, then actually implementing those ideas? Ah, that's the life for me...
mowerpower

Why elves hunt

Post by mowerpower »

Darth Jordius wrote:

Of course elves hunt. Corpses make great fertiliser.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

"My character is a half-Torrasque who..." :lol:

Geez, I don't even know when it comes to decisions like this.

A wose might be cool. No one's suggested that one yet.
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

I'd like to be born as a drake; best as a Drake Gladiator. Powerful and resourceful. :D
Take a breath.