What's your favourite tune for Battle for Wesnoth?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pauline

Re: What's your favourite tune for Battle for Wesnoth?

Post by pauline »

Browsing the forums, I came across a reference about the UMC Music Books, West's Chronicles , the Wesnoth Music Player ,
and the great job of Pentarctagon, maintainer of several AddOns regarding BfW-tunes. Certainly the only user without any clue, I downloaded them all. And now I´m taken aback by this enormous collection of BfW-music ... In view of more than 200 titles :shock: , the statement of the Lord of Music
that the Music & Sound-department is "sadly inactive" seems a serious injustice to me. :hmm:

I will never be able to "dispatch" even a quarter of all the available UMCs, but I guess if I played every single add-on on the server,
I would, earlier or later, hear ALL these tracks, WOULDN´T I ?
It´s not that the campaign writers only use mainline-tunes, RIGHT ?
They don´t simply ignore the wide choice of tracks in the UMC Music Books, DO THEY ?

Anyway, since this thread does not refer to Wesnoth core only, I have to adjust my earlier choice.
To begin with, I just listened to some randomly selected musics ... sooooo mind-boggling good
that my chart topper "Legends of the north" has to share the first rank with ALL of them right away !

After full moon piano
Camel Soup
Climactic Contemplation
Exploration T
Forested Vista
Fragments of time cut
Legends of the north
Merry Monsters
Scurvy Dogs Yarr
Space marines
Stella Splendens

So, these are my "Glory without doing anything"-favorites (in alphabetical order) … FOR NOW.
I´ll update once I´m trough the 12 collections of BfW-tunes ... :D
Evidently: according to specific situations, there are umpteen better tracks than the above mentioned.
During the heat of a battle, the question "To pee or not to pee" definitely requires the appropriate background music … and West provides it !!!

KUDOS and jumbo THANKS to the 50 composers, now known by name to me: a courtesy of Pentarctagon !

PS:
I wasn´t joking about a "Now playing ..."-indicator in the game itself. Any pros and cons here ? :)
Or is this a subject for the (stupid) Ideas-forum ?

pauline
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

If you would like the above to serve as a starting point for discussing a now playing button and perhaps dynamic control of the music for the player, it belongs in Ideas, yes.

Let me know if it's just music appreciation or something more.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
pauline

Post by pauline »

Just for the record.
I admit: This is not the proper place to debate a "Now playing"- button.
For now, I answered via PM ( Turuk, thanks for your reply and paying attention to my "idea" ! )
pauline