List of Reliable Wesnoth Players

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Faello

List of Reliable Wesnoth Players

Post by Faello »

I've noticed that Wesnoth players are loosely organized and it's sometimes a
major problem when you want to play long game/game with more than 4 players - especially now when there's a lot of players which prefer survivor games more than classic ones or you are tired of quitters or whiners.

Essentially, your game skills doesn't matter - your personal culture, reliability
and positive attitude does.

So if you would like to play a stable game with good company just for fun or relax, please write in this topic and leave your contact data :)

LIST OF PLAYERS:

Faello - ICQ 337-172-861 / PM ; GMT 2+ time zone
Tux2B - contact via PM's, IRC or AIM (check profile)
Fyrion - ICQ 419-080-564 Jabber:juanfgs87@jabber-hispano.org, GMT -3
Shadow Master - contact via PM's, email, AIM, msnm, GMT -4
Velensk - contact via PM, active mainly on 1.3.x server,
interested in tournaments
Martian - MartinW92abc@gmail.com (The abc part is just there to fool spambots) / PM, GMT 2+ time zone
DDR - PM , interested in 3-4 hours games, GMT -8, active on 1.3.x server
appleide - PM, GMT +10 time zone
thespaceinvader - PM, GMT time zone
Lorbi - plays under Lorb or L0rb nick , ICQ / MSN / Jabber / AIM / Yahoo!/PM ( check profile )
Lim_Arcadia - GMT -4, active mainly on development server ( but plays stable version also ), on server usually since GMT 7:00, contact via PM
thack - GMT, plays in Friday nights and weekends, contact via PM
StStux - active only on dev server since GMT +4 onwards, prefers 2vs2 maps
ubertuna-1 - usually logged as UT_Autsen, active between 9:00 PM and 1:00 AM GMT -7 time, usually plays every game through unless it's very very long, doesn't play with n00bs.
TheChosen1 - GMT 2+, reliable and cool player :), contact on mail
savi@mad1.fi ( 1 in mail to fool spambots )
Last edited by Faello on December 2nd, 2007, 6:34 pm, edited 19 times in total.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Posting your email like that is a bad idea.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm sure we'd all like to, but I don't think that this is the best way to get that to work. If you want to contact anyone on the forums you can PM them and since olny people registered on the fourms can reply posting an email address is a little moot.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Faello

Post by Faello »

Velensk, I seriously doubt that anybody is interested in sending PM's to every registered user on this forum to find out if he/she is interested in mp games or not - if you're, just post in this thread - you don't have to leave here anything - PM may be a sufficient way to contact you ( altough definitely slow).

I've played a lot in Europa Universalis II ( game that needs really reliable players if it's going about MP ) and such system worked really great - you could easily find subs or organize a new game with responsible players in short amount of time.

What's the problem in posting your communicator number here in the end ? :roll:

Yes, to post here you have to be registered - but again - is it such a big problem ? I don't think so :wink:

Come on people, don't be shy, suscribe to the list :mrgreen:
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Faello wrote:Velensk, I seriously doubt that anybody is interested in sending PM's to every registered user on this forum to find out if he/she is interested in mp games or not - if you're, just post in this thread - you don't have to leave here anything - PM may be a sufficient way to contact you ( altough definitely slow).

I've played a lot in Europa Universalis II ( game that needs really reliable players if it's going about MP ) and such system worked really great - you could easily find subs or organize a new game with responsible players in short amount of time.

What's the problem in posting your communicator number here in the end ? :roll:

Yes, to post here you have to be registered - but again - is it such a big problem ? I don't think so :wink:

Come on people, don't be shy, suscribe to the list :mrgreen:
[Off Topic] EUII is a great game indeed! I haven't played a lot of multiplayer on it, but still... I recommend it if you haven't tried it out yet[/OT]

Concerning the list, even though I do like long games, I don't have time to play them. So you can add me if you want (though I'm not going to post my email adress, 'cause I don't want to get spam - if you want to contact me, do it through MP's, IRC or AIM), but you can't count on me to play long games (except when I'm either on holidays, really bored, or ill and therefore staying at home, and in that latter case, playing badly because of illness).

I guess you can at least put all forum regulars, devs, mods, art contributors etc... to the list of reliable players (even if they are not on your list, they can be trusted to play civil games, I believe)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Fyrion

Post by Fyrion »

Nickname Fyrion:

Jabber: email removed for your safety. ask them to PM you for it

Not too long games, maybe a couple of hours.

:-D

sorry if me removing it offended you...Thrawn
Last edited by Fyrion on October 2nd, 2007, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Shadow Master:
-- If you really care, click on the profile button below - all my information is there.

I am rarely in though.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Noyga - thx for editing my email :)

Tux2B - yeah, I've same problem ( lack of time ) but still when I have some I like to use it well - my dream is to play 4vs4, all advanced players - imagine how epic this battle would be :eng: ... :mrgreen: - it's great that you are interested in it - I'm happy to put you on the list and eager to play some game with you :) - I know that game developers and mods have a lot to do so I will wait with adding them to the list until they will decide to suscribe to it by themselves.

Fyrion - putting you on the list man ( btw. I’ve just added you to my contact list on the ICQ :) )

Shadow Master - same as above.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What I meant was that if you were on the list it would be better to pm the people than email them. I will be on the development server every once in awhile and you can ussulay rely on me to finish games I start however trying to schedual games in advance with me probably won't work out well unless it's for things like tournaments and such.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
longhair

Post by longhair »

Well, I'm glad that people are starting to pick up on the fact that posting your email address in plain text will lead to spam. Now, if I could just get the website designers that I work with to realize this. There are several ways to deal with this problem.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Velensk wrote:I will be on the development server every once in awhile and you can ussulay rely on me to finish games I start however trying to schedual games in advance with me probably won't work out well unless it's for things like tournaments and such.
Ok, I will add you to the list with proper annotation.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

longhair wrote:Well, I'm glad that people are starting to pick up on the fact that posting your email address in plain text will lead to spam. Now, if I could just get the website designers that I work with to realize this. There are several ways to deal with this problem.
Um... I was wondering if there are any spambots capable of visual-analyzing a picture with the email in it (picture, note that).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
longhair

Post by longhair »

Um... I was wondering if there are any spambots capable of visual-analyzing a picture with the email in it (picture, note that).
I'm sure that the technology exists, but I wouldn't worry about it yet. The spammers have enough to do gathering all the unencrypted emails out there to bother developing an image sniffing bot. Remember, these are people too lazy to make a decent living, so don't give them too much credit.

Actually, image email addresses are annoying anyway, since you can't click on them and have your email client open up with the address already in the To: slot.

I've been using hexadecimal codes for all the characters in my emails on my websites for years now, and the only spam I get is on the one account that some bonehead "helpfully" posted to a directory without encryption. (interestingly, a year after having my address yanked from that website, my spam levels have gone down dramatically) http://www.zapyon.de/spam-me-not/ has a method of doing this if you're making static pages. I'm usually using a PHP script to generate it on the fly.
Martian

Post by Martian »

Please add me to the list as well.

I log in as Martian. You can contact me at MartinW92abc@gmail.com or with a PM. (The abc part is just there to fool spambots.)

I'm still newish (I won HttT on easy and am playing it on normal now.) but I do finish games I start unless my internet link dies.

PS. I live in gmt 2+ timezone.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Aye aye mate, adding you to the list right now :)