trouble loading replays

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lone_Isle

trouble loading replays

Post by Lone_Isle »

Hello I'm getting trouble loading replays that I download off these forums. I get some kind of assertion error and I think it's because I installed Wesnoth in my G:\ drive whereas most have it in their C:\

Is there a way to watch replays short of reinstalling wesnoth?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Sounds like you're trying to load 1.2 replays with 1.3 but without even knowing the exact error it's impossible to say..
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
playtom

Post by playtom »

must you install wesnoth in C hard disk to avoid possible error during the game? i installed it in D drive
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy
Lone_Isle

Post by Lone_Isle »

ok.. it actually does seem to be because of version difference. The assertion error pops up as soon as I select the replay in the load menu, and it comes up with something about an assertion error, str() (string size??) and C:\Entwicklung\Wesnoth yadayada which gave me the impression that it was due to being in a different drive.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

You might have your preferences or config set so it is looking for saves there. Not sure how to fix it, I'm afraid...
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down