Missing units?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blameless

Missing units?

Post by Blameless »

Um... Yeah.
(Great start, eh?)
Last time I had wesnoth (what, almost a year ago, right? This is Bluecrash if you're wondering) they had all of the units in one file. But now, when I get the updates (go into the main game screen and go to "Get Add-Ons") and get factions and the like, where do those units go? And what happened to the Fire Dragon? I think that's what it was called. It was a big red flying dragon (not a drake) and it's still around, but where is the code? All of the units I have now are in:
wesnoth/data/units
Thank you all for your time. Enjoy your time of day, be it evening, noon or just right.
I'm what's left of Bluecrash!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It is still there it is just the game dose not show a unit until you either meet one or have a chance to advance to one. It is this way so as to not bombard new players with 150+ units right off the bat.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Blameless

Post by Blameless »

No, I'm talking about the code. Not in the game itself, but where the .cfg file is located.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Look in data/core/units/(race)
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
Blameless

Post by Blameless »

Hmm... I must be outdated. I'm using the linux version and it's 1.2.5 and I do not have a "core" file. All the units I have (all of the "basic" units, the ones that come with the install) are in /data/units
taro
Inactive Developer

Post by taro »

Blameless wrote:Hmm... I must be outdated. I'm using the linux version and it's 1.2.5 and I do not have a "core" file. All the units I have (all of the "basic" units, the ones that come with the install) are in /data/units
The stable version (1.2.x) and the development version (1.3.x) have different directory structures. For 1.2.x the campaign specific units like the fire dragon are in the directory data/campaigns (e.g. data/campaigns/The_Rise_Of_Wesnoth/units/Fire_Dragon.cfg). If you don't have this directory on Linux you may have forgotten to install the campaign packages (e.g. wesnoth-trow).
Blameless

Post by Blameless »

Wonderful! Thank you. That helps much!
But what about the units that you get from the server?
Truper

Post by Truper »

If you instal an era, for instance, the units will be in userdata/data/campaigns/eraname/units if the era's maker did things in the usual way...
elvish master

Post by elvish master »

I got some missing units too.
There is no picture for elvish high lord, elvish lady, saurians and dark elf high- lord.
They where all missing when i updated to version 1.2.6.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Much 1.0.x content is not compatible with 1.2

Also, the fact that you didn't delete the content might indicate you didn't delete anything else when you installed wesnoth over. It won't work very well at all if you didn't delete everything but your userdata folder and then reinstalled, and even then you might have to delete some addons.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down