What do you think of Spacenoth?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pladio

Post by Pladio »

A lot and many different weapon types, shields, custom building of ships (instead of predefined units like Wesnoth, something more like MoO2)?
A tech-tree, research ?
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

A lot and many different weapon types, shields, custom building of ships (instead of predefined units like Wesnoth, something more like MoO2)?
A tech-tree, research ?
a tech tree and research would make it more like the Settlers games and Age of Wonders and Age of Empires. but it would add a new effect to the game though. i like it.
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

Where can I download Spacenoth?
LezzerLord

Post by LezzerLord »

Totally extremely HORRIBLE! And that's it!
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Blueblaze wrote:Where can I download Spacenoth?
http://www.exong.net/spacenoth/forum/vi ... &start=165

Latest version.
It may have some bugs.
We fall to rise again.
Null

Post by Null »

I just finished the Spacenoth demo.

I thought the demo was good, and being a Science Fiction fan, the idea of a Space based Wesnoth game would be interesting to me. Things I think should be improved on are:

-A larger variety of terrain types
-Terrain that serves unique functions
-More units and ship types, specifically Capital ships

shields would also be an interesting feature, but I'm not sure how it would help except for raising resistance to energy damage until depleted.

Just some ideas I thought of.
Pladio

Post by Pladio »

What about multiple-hex ships (mother ships)? (very strong, very slow)
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Pladio wrote:What about multiple-hex ships (mother ships)? (very strong, very slow)
Already made! Actually still on developing, but hopefully will be over soon. :)
Null wrote:Terrain that serves unique functions.
Like what?
We fall to rise again.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

On terrains, do you guys have debris or wasted terrain?. It could be analog to snow, tons of floating scrap that makes ships go very slowly because it [censored] up sensors and security must be mantained.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
borisblue

Post by borisblue »

I don't think asthetics are the answer. No matter how good the graphics/terrains are, Spacenoth will always lag behind Wesnoth simply because wesnoth was here first

...unless you do something to distinguish Spacenoth's gameplay from Wesnoth. One suggestion is to eliminate luck from the game, make Spacenoth an entirely deterministic game (e.g., by incorporating Sauron's no-luck mod) This will make Spacenoth's gameplay distinct from Wesnoth, while still familiar. Also, there are clearly plenty of people who prefer a game of wesnoth's style with luck removed (witness the variety of new users complaining about the RNG on these forums) so you have a ready-made market of contributors and users.
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:On terrains, do you guys have debris or wasted terrain?. It could be analog to snow, tons of floating scrap that makes ships go very slowly because it [censored] up sensors and security must be mantained.
Nice! We'll do that (maybe)...
We fall to rise again.
Null

Post by Null »

Sabata wrote:
Null wrote:Terrain that serves unique functions.
Like what?
I think some ideas have already been talked about, but I was thinking of:

-Asteroid fields that damage larger ships.
-Nebulae that reduce visual range but not movement points.
-Black holes or gravity anomalies that pull ships toward them. (could also do damage)
-Terrain that can be destroyed by attacking it. (like asteroid fields, space debris, even planets if you have a really huge ship)
-satellites that when captured automatically fire missiles into adjacent hexes occupied by enemies each turn.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

I would like to see the 6 hexes surrounding a planet be considered 'atmosphere' terrain. This would be a high-MP terrain for most spacecraft, making it near-impossible to just zip in from a distance and grab a planet in one turn.

Is it possible to conflate the Keep and Village terrains? IMO it makes sense to allow recruitment from all planets into the atmosphere hexes.