My "best units" awards.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Beholder

Post by Beholder »

Velensk wrote:
I choose the elvish scout because of the following factors, Great movment especialy over woods, melle/ranged hybrid. You don't need much else for a scout.
On the campaign Heir to the Throne, Elvish Scouts are, by far, my most used unit. They start stealing all the far villages, holding the line until the main army arrive and finishing weak units.

I really like quick units. Being able to be on the right place at the right time very important to me.

But worse then being slow it is having a bad movement table like the Heavy Infantary which is slowed by anything but grasslands.
Darn Penguin

Post by Darn Penguin »

You all forgot to mention the ultimate least-favorite unit for any category: Flight to Freedom's "Door."
Out with the old, in with the new.
Hi folks! Remember me? Please say no.
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

Every unit has its purpose. If you use them well, doors can be nice (cheap ?) tanks :P.
I wouldn't choose them, though, because their sprite art is not as well crafted as other tanks.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Favorite Scout:
Choosing the Gryphon or the Horseman is unfair so I think I will take the Wolfrider since it is a good, not really expensive (for scouts) unit that can still do some damage if used right.

Favourite Fighter:
The Spearman: firststrike is a nice special and it does good damage for a very low price. Also nice: Elvish Fighters.

Favourite Ranged Unit:
The Elvish Archer: nice damage, good defense, fast movement.

Favourite Tank:
Wose: regeneration, a huge amout of hp, pwnz Trolls, HIs, undead and nearly everything that uses pierce.

Favourite Caster:
DA since ist does very good damage for its cheap price.

Favourite lvl 0:
The Goblin: I just like it, I don't know why :wink:
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Darn Penguin

Post by Darn Penguin »

Baufo wrote: Favourite lvl 0:
The Goblin: I just like it, I don't know why :wink:
because they're funny, ugly, squealing creatures who look tough for level 0 and are great for guard duty. More recently, they probably remind you that SpiderMan 3 is almost here.

Everything on that list except for the SpiderMan thing is why I like 'em. The SpiderMan reason came to me just now.
Out with the old, in with the new.
Hi folks! Remember me? Please say no.
unsung

Post by unsung »

Scout:
cavalry- can serve as a fighter, tank and scout all in one.
fighter-
Hard as it is from me to choose a non-loyalist, dwarf fighter.*
Hard to kill, good against hevay armored units and sekllies.
tank-Heavy infantry-He many not heal himself, but he does a lot of damage, and can kill almost anything at level three.
Ranged-Bowman. Not good himself, but the longbow is a great unit, and I'm partial to his levelled up versions. I don't know why.
caster- Mage.
Versatility is good, and thats what his level up options are.

Wildcard- spearman o rlancer- open tearrian, lancer. Not open terrain full of plains, spearmn.

*I would have said spearman, but sometimes I set favoritism aside. Spears, however, are my secondary choice. **
** Tied with clashers- a little easier to kill than dwarves. They'd have won other wise.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
jonadab

Post by jonadab »

Scout: Probably gryphon rider, although the lack of a level 3 is a little annoying. But the movement is good (except in caves), and they can actually stand a little combat, unlike, say, bats.
Ranged: Elvish archer. Because they can stand against most kinds of units (having a decent melee is key here), and can move well enough as long as the terrain isn't too adverse. The Ranger/Avenger line is very versatile.
Fighter: Drake Fighter, because it has different strengths from the Elvish Archer and would complement it well, plus it gives me a fire attack, albeit not a very strong one.
Healer: Elvish Shaman, even though it's not so hot at level 1, because I really like the Shyde -- a healer that can move well on almost all terrain.
Tank: Probably the troll, for reasons others state, although the wose is tempting in some respects.

That's five. If I could have a sixth unit, I'd probably go with mage (possibly substituting the Dwarvish Fighter in place of the Drake Fighter, since the mage has a fire attack) or ghost.