This is a cool game

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Skyhunter

This is a cool game

Post by Skyhunter »

This is a very cool game

I v just started playing yesterday and noticed that this is a very nice game.
i like the game very much.

I just wanted to say how good your game is, and cool.
I am also in the game making hobi.
And hopefully will release as good game as this one one day.

And I want to complain a bit about it.
Besides very nice and calm graphics, and five thumbs up good resolution.
Very good sounds and very good intelignet AI, and rpg elements.

THE TURNS ARE KILLING ME. i cannot enjoy this cool game. Is there something to turn off the turn limits?
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

I'm not part of the project, so I won't thank you for what you said but agree with you : Wesnoth ftw :)

For your turns thing, do you mean that in campaigns? There should be a way in the scenario files, the .cfg files... if you want to give yourself more turns or give yourself endles time limit in campaigns, and even if you should try to make it without such help, I'm sure someone even average at WML can help you do that
http://giantitp.com

"I have 8 forums, soon to be 7!" - Troy
Vela

Post by Vela »

It's pretty easy actually... just find the scenario's .cfg file (should be under data\campaigns\(Campaign name)\scenarios), open it with any text editor and change the number after the word "turns".

Kind of sad this is the only WML trick I know...
Signature, sure, I'll sign there...
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Vela wrote:It's pretty easy actually... just find the scenario's .cfg file (should be under data\campaigns\(Campaign name)\scenarios), open it with any text editor and change the number after the word "turns".
After this, you need to replay the scenario from the beginning (either by loading from the beginning-of-scenario save, or by finishing the previous scenario again). You'll probably see things like {TURNS 16 14 12} instead of turns=<number>, in which the three numbers are just what the turn limit is on the three difficulties (easy, normal, hard).

You can also turn binary saves off in the preferences and edit the mid-scenario savefiles directly. In this case, search for and change every instance of turns=<number> (since there should be several).
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Glad you like the game.....the turn limits are really necessary to keep the game challenging. Sure they can be annoying, but the game gets boring pretty quick if you can just 'milk' a scenario with unlimited time and get a huge slew of advanced units.

If you want to play a game without a turn limit I advise selecting multiplayer -> human vs AI, then setting up a game on a decent size random map (possibly with shroud turned on) -- you can play against one or more AI opponents, and you can take turn limits off. That's a fair and challenging way of playing with no turn limits.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Ark

Post by Ark »

although, giving yourself more turns on a mission like Valley of Death makes you learn a lot faster. :D
La_vie_en_Wose
Translator

Post by La_vie_en_Wose »

Ark wrote:although, giving yourself more turns on a mission like Valley of Death makes you learn a lot faster. :D
IMhO, this scenario is perfectly scheduled. You have Mal Hal (or something like that) peninsula to shoot undeads.
If you really hate stupid people, get a girlfriend.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Re: This is a cool game

Post by Eleazar »

Skyhunter wrote:THE TURNS ARE KILLING ME. i cannot enjoy this cool game. Is there something to turn off the turn limits?
Or possibly skyhunter merely needs to start the scenario over on the easiest difficulty. The player is usually allowed more time to complete each scenario on easy.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Skyhunter

Post by Skyhunter »

Thank u all, i was at first dissapoined by turns but, now i think they are not so bad.Althought I think it may be better if after the turns limit is done, that u don't lose the game but something else happens.

I finally found out where the turns are displayed on the screen so i finish in time. When firstly playing i didn't even know there are turn limits.

Happy leveling everyone.!