What is the best campaign?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Me1234

What is the best campaign?

Post by Me1234 »

what do YOU think is the best campaign for wesnoth?

p.s.how do i make a campaign and post it on here?
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

The only campaign I got to finish (by that I mean, I got bored of the endless repetitive fights with others) is HttT. It's a really good campaign, and it isn't too hard either. I personally really like the story and I think it's also what got me to finish a campaign(HttT, of course) for the first time.
It can have some very original fights, too (The Clan battle, this one I really didn't expect, and more)
http://giantitp.com

"I have 8 forums, soon to be 7!" - Troy
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

what's HttT?
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

Ah sorry. HttT is Heir to the Throne (I think that's how Heir is spelled, can't check now)

Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

oh. i got mostly through that one when my dad wiped my computer. its pretty easy.
BlackOpsElf

Post by BlackOpsElf »

My favorite mainline campaign is Under the Burning Suns.

As far as user created campaigns go, I think that once I finish my current play-through of Liberty it will probably become my new favorite.

There is no one "best" campaign, though; the different campaigns are tailored to different play styles, and your choice of favorite faction probably factors into it.
Creator and Maintainer of "Where Angels Fear To Tread"
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

BlackOpsElf wrote:My favorite mainline campaign is Under the Burning Suns.

As far as user created campaigns go, I think that once I finish my current play-through of Liberty it will probably become my new favorite.

There is no one "best" campaign, though; the different campaigns are tailored to different play styles, and your choice of favorite faction probably factors into it.
Ahhh.. Yeah. UTBS is a very good one too, IMO. It's very different to the other campaigns.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I like TROW(The Rise of Wesnoth) best. HttT is also not bad, though it kind of shoots itself in the foot by removing good scenaria like Mountain pass and Valey of Statues. Of course, I'm also happy with my campaign, Legend of Wesmere and there are many other nice ones, like Delfador's memoirs(though now a bit buggy and incomplete), The Unstoppable Legion, Return of the Legions. Among mainline I liked Eastern Invasion and dislike UTBS.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I too dislike UTBS - I can see what is appealing about it, but it really isn't my kind of campaign.

My favorite campaign would probably be Liberty, though I might prefer one of my own campaigns... I'm not sure.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kalis

Post by Kalis »

I've played all the "offical" campaigns but UtBS, and I found HttT the best in terms of challenge and overall balance.

Some of the others had some really boring missions where the enemy is easy to beat, but they kept recruiting so you got to slowly grind you way through it.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

The Rise of Wesnoth, I would say.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I second that
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

I've finished very few campaigns (I think HttT and UtBS are the only ones), just because I'm typically interested in the beginnings of stories and get bored when I actually have to finish them. From what impressions I've had, though, UtBS is probably my favorite campaign overall. Love the story, the world-building, the mid-scenario surprises, and more.

TRoW would probably be my next favorite mainline campaign. HttT is also very well-made and engaging, but it's been ages since I played it... As for user-made ones, I'm playing through Liberty right now, I started Legend of Wesmere and Northern Rebirth but didn't get far enough in either to get an accurate reading, and I also quite liked Saving Elensefar.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

I like HttT up until the Siege of Elensefar.
Fangir

Post by Fangir »

Well,as for me,my best campaign is HttT,TRoW(mainline campaigns) and turin's "The Sceptre of Fire"-really good one!
It is better to die for the Imperator, than live for yourself.