Best-looking Unit - Nominations

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Zhukov wrote:
Becephalus wrote:Two swords is generally a terrible idea. But oh well I guess this is fantasy :)
Just for the record, the Elvish Hero isn't using two swords. The smaller one is a parrying dagger.
Somehow I thought it was a sword and the sword's scabbard...
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Zhukov wrote: Just for the record, the Elvish Hero isn't using two swords. The smaller one is a parrying dagger.
Thank the Great Lord of the Dark. I feel so much less dirty now.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Master Stilgar wrote: Somehow I thought it was a sword and the sword's scabbard...
also an awesome idea!
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
unsung

Post by unsung »

I don't see many non-human units all that often- I'm not using them, I don't care what they look like, I want them dead- but, I like the calvalier.
Sadly, my computer keeps eusing the draggon and cavalier with the crossbow instead of the better one.
WTF?!
I havent run 1.1.13 yet, I'll have more later.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

It's hard to stick to two, isn't it?

Keep those nominations rolling in. I'll put up a poll with all the seconded nominations sometime tomorrow, so we can exercise our democratic instincts and vote.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

with mainline factions, i can't say...

but with factions other than the main ones, the wild elf thunderblade is pretty good.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Becephalus wrote:
Master Stilgar wrote: Somehow I thought it was a sword and the sword's scabbard...
also an awesome idea!
IIRC, Some Jians had scabbards with metallic lining inside, which made possible to use it as a shorter sidearm (when it was gripped, obviously), or as a makeshift mace, even.

Of course, that thing was straight.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Squig

Post by Squig »

Obviously, the most cool looking unit is the dwararwfr, or whatever is its name
podunk

Post by podunk »

Campaign = Battle Princess (great legs!) :-)
Overall - Trolls, so ugly they're cute
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Since any beauty contest features a lot of mudslinging, I'll nominate the one unit most likely to win in that respect: the mudcrawler. :lol:

More seriously, of all units that haven't been nominated I'd choose these two: wolf rider and thief.

I just think wolf riders are great (maybe it's also all the howling that goes on when they are around)! They are kind of fragile but that just makes them seem even more "precious"... for some reason, I like the wolf in the level 1 the best.

The new thief is gigantic. Look at his pose, that body tension - such a tiny weapon yet he looks like he (or even: she!) is prepared for anything. :)

Hm... the mermaid siren would be in third place(for obvious reasons), but you only wanted two.
bioman

Post by bioman »

Zhukov wrote:
Becephalus wrote:Two swords is generally a terrible idea. But oh well I guess this is fantasy :)
Just for the record, the Elvish Hero isn't using two swords. The smaller one is a parrying dagger.
Yeah I just saw that as well (this is after looking at a lot of 'Red Steel' screen shots :)).

Anyway, I likes that new woses but I've always thought that the soulshooter was kind of cool.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Limiting myself to those found on the units web page, and not counting animations:
I will nominate two and second two. If any of these hasn't yet been nominated, and I exceed my limit of two nominations, I second it upon someone elses nomination.

Elvish Ranger
Necromancer
Sea Serpent
Gryphon
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Drake Blademaster, he's just cool.
Necrophage, he's so sweet. :wink:
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

My 5 favorites :
- (S)Elvish Shyde & Sorceress
- Drake Blademaster
- Deathblade
- Draug
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Jew unit

Post by Jew unit »

naga myradin (sp) just such a cool looking unit... although the shadow is pretty sweet too
2^x-1 mod x