saurianland

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

troodon

saurianland

Post by troodon »

where do the saurians live?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Where the drakes live.

(i.e., no one knows.)

:roll:
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

They live in the fantasy world of Wesnoth, of course!
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Where did the saurians where when Haldric had to beat some sense into them?. It had a coast, IIRC.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

They were with the Dragon, also.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

under your bed
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Kestenvarn wrote:under your bed
But there is no coast under my bed since the Archipielago Project was finished in 1994!.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Kestenvarn wrote:under your bed
[singing]Hush little baby, don't say a word, and never mind that noise you heard, it's just the beasts under your bed, in your closet and in your head[/singing]

Anyways, weren't there Saurians in Son of the Black Eye also? It's no longer mainline, but I guess it could be considered semi-canonical.

I get the feeling they don't have an established homeland so much as just settling in whatever place suits them (swamp, desert).
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

That's it! They must be nomads!
troodon

Post by troodon »

under your bed

[singing]Hush little baby, don't say a word, and never mind that noise you heard, it's just the beasts under your bed, in your closet and in your head[/singing]
Funny.

Dragon Master wrote:
They must be nomads!
Great! That suits my campaign well.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

In LoW, the main Saurian "state" lies west of the elvish forests.
However, it is destroyed by the elves just before the golden age of Wesnoth begins and hence saurians no longer have an organized state
thereafter. So yes, after a certain time they are nomads or rather scattered survivors.
scott

Post by scott »

If it were up to me, saurians would be an ever-present feature of the landscape no matter where you go, like wolves, birds, and beavers. They would just happen to be sentient and aggressive. I think it makes most sense that they are usually most like prairie dogs - they are widespread pests that live in loose communities, some larger than others. There are obviously places where saurians thrive, and there may even be an large organized saurian kingdom somewhere, but as a general rule it doesn't mean all saurians need to have a country where they all live.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Re: saurianland

Post by freim »

troodon wrote:where do the saurians live?
It could have been fleshed out at one point, but people decided it was more important to be stubborn and difficult.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: saurianland

Post by turin »

freim wrote:It could have been fleshed out at one point, but people decided it was more important to be stubborn and difficult.
Thanks for the compliment.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Being stubborn and difficult is one of the fine traditions that has made Wesnoth what it is today. :)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.