cheater

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

User avatar
Ranger M
Art Contributor
Posts: 1965
Joined: December 8th, 2005, 9:13 pm
Location: England

Re: cheater

Post by Ranger M »

cheater wrote:I think its are they problems.
Yer wot? (sorry, but "its are they problems" makes no sense)
User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

I think he means, "I think it is their problem" (as opposed to his problem).


In essence, cheater is an ass who enjoys ruining the multiplayer experience for some inexplicable reason...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
cheater
Posts: 9
Joined: June 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Russia

Post by cheater »

turin wrote:I think he means, "I think it is their problem" (as opposed to his problem).


In essence, cheater is an ass who enjoys ruining the multiplayer experience for some inexplicable reason...
Hey, JUST RTFL GPL-2
Jester
Posts: 422
Joined: November 10th, 2005, 2:46 pm
Location: Delft

Post by Jester »

cheater wrote:
turin wrote:I think he means, "I think it is their problem" (as opposed to his problem).


In essence, cheater is an ass who enjoys ruining the multiplayer experience for some inexplicable reason...
Hey, JUST RTFL GPL-2
yeah Roflcopterbbgbrb!!!!!!!!111111!!@!

Dude, type normal, understandanble english...
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

cheater wrote:Hey, JUST RTFL GPL-2
What does the GPL have to do with anything? I completely agree that you are legally allowed to make a version of Wesnoth that you can cheat with. That doesn't change the fact that you are an ass.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
cheater
Posts: 9
Joined: June 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Russia

Post by cheater »

Jester wrote:
cheater wrote: Hey, JUST RTFL GPL-2
yeah Roflcopterbbgbrb!!!!!!!!111111!!@!

Dude, type normal, understandanble english...
in english : just read this [censored] license - General Public License v2.

if you can't read then [censored] your ass by Roflcopterbbgbrb!!!!!!!!111111!!@!
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Hey, just calm down and start behaving like a civilized human being.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
cheater
Posts: 9
Joined: June 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Russia

Post by cheater »

turin wrote:
cheater wrote:Hey, JUST RTFL GPL-2
What does the GPL have to do with anything? I completely agree that you are legally allowed to make a version of Wesnoth that you can cheat with. That doesn't change the fact that you are an ass.
I see you can only speak. If you can't write anticheat for wesnoth => shut up your sucking mouth.
cheater
Posts: 9
Joined: June 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Russia

Post by cheater »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Hey, just calm down and start behaving like a civilized human being.
ok, i allow you to delete my not civilized post.

ps. maybe i'm not civilized human beign.
User avatar
Tomsik
Posts: 1401
Joined: February 7th, 2005, 7:04 am
Location: Poland

Post by Tomsik »

It seems this cheater is just an immature [censored], can't you just ban him? :roll:
User avatar
Ranger M
Art Contributor
Posts: 1965
Joined: December 8th, 2005, 9:13 pm
Location: England

Post by Ranger M »

cheater wrote:I see you can only speak. If you can't write anticheat for wesnoth => shut up your sucking mouth.
Writing anti-cheat for wesnoth would be pointless because it would limit peoples ability to edit the .cfg files, and therefore stop people from being able to modify wesnoth however they want (which is something that you should be able to do to wesnoth, otherwise we wouldn't have so many UMCs). That and it would be a pointless waste of time for somebody who could be doing better things, like making wensoth better, if people didn't try to cheat.

BTW, I would stop cheating if I were you. Otherwise wesnoth will just become a hollow waste of time for you, which will get boring because you beat it by cheating, and people are going to think that you are an [censored] whenever you go on MP.

Cheating is also a sign that you can't actually play wesnoth well, so you make up for it by beating people by cheating, but now nobody is going to play you because you cheat.
cheater
Posts: 9
Joined: June 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Russia

Post by cheater »

Ranger M wrote:
cheater wrote:I see you can only speak. If you can't write anticheat for wesnoth => shut up your sucking mouth.
Writing anti-cheat for wesnoth would be pointless because it would limit peoples ability to edit the .cfg files, and therefore stop people from being able to modify wesnoth however they want (which is something that you should be able to do to wesnoth, otherwise we wouldn't have so many UMCs). That and it would be a pointless waste of time for somebody who could be doing better things, like making wensoth better, if people didn't try to cheat.

BTW, I would stop cheating if I were you. Otherwise wesnoth will just become a hollow waste of time for you, which will get boring because you beat it by cheating, and people are going to think that you are an [censored] whenever you go on MP.

Cheating is also a sign that you can't actually play wesnoth well, so you make up for it by beating people by cheating, but now nobody is going to play you because you cheat.
in first : I can write anticheat => I can make wesnoth better
in second: don's say me about time wasting, good developers wouldn't write unstable soft for economy their time.
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Tomsik wrote:It seems this cheater is just an immature [censored], can't you just ban him? :roll:
Meh, he really only seems pretty immature and uninformed - not something I would want to ban someone for. The better thing to do with this kind of person is to teach them...
cheater wrote:in first : I can write anticheat => I can make wesnoth better
in second: don's say me about time wasting, good developers wouldn't write unstable soft for economy their time.
In the first place, stop cheating. For all that you talk about making Wesnoth better, having cheaters on the server makes wesnoth worse, and anti-cheating code would only fix your own problem. There is no gain.

Secondly, our project has some very good developers, and being "unstable" is a design decision - we don't care about the economy, we don't care about stopping cheaters - Wesnoth's licence is there so that other people may do with the game what is fun for them, not for us.

Also, putting in measures purely to stop cheating starts a war that is never good for anyone. It's better to just rely on the fact that most players will show each other some basic respect.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
cheater
Posts: 9
Joined: June 17th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Russia

Post by cheater »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Tomsik wrote:It seems this cheater is just an immature [censored], can't you just ban him? :roll:
Meh, he really only seems pretty immature and uninformed - not something I would want to ban someone for. The better thing to do with this kind of person is to teach them...
cheater wrote:in first : I can write anticheat => I can make wesnoth better
in second: don's say me about time wasting, good developers wouldn't write unstable soft for economy their time.
In the first place, stop cheating. For all that you talk about making Wesnoth better, having cheaters on the server makes wesnoth worse, and anti-cheating code would only fix your own problem. There is no gain.

Secondly, our project has some very good developers, and being "unstable" is a design decision - we don't care about the economy, we don't care about stopping cheaters - Wesnoth's licence is there so that other people may do with the game what is fun for them, not for us.

Also, putting in measures purely to stop cheating starts a war that is never good for anyone. It's better to just rely on the fact that most players will show each other some basic respect.
You talk like as communist. Communism-way is not true way, I know it.
Na'enthos
Posts: 401
Joined: June 13th, 2004, 8:02 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Na'enthos »

cheater wrote: You talk like as communist. Communism-way is not true way, I now it.
First of all, learn to spell. Or have the decency to take the time to spell your posts in a decent fashion.

Second, do you even know what a communist is? I doubt it. Anyway, stop insulting people.
He who would travel happily must travel light.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Locked