Updating Wiki, comments and questions

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Updating Wiki, comments and questions

Post by Thrawn »

Not sure how far I should go, and noticed a few things.

*The ScenarioDiscussion page seems out of date--It's for mainline, but doesn't have the new campaingns, still has the old ones. Makes me wonder how updated the walkthroughs are. I can't do this, because I don't have newest version myself, put should I note that
TDH and SotBE aren't mainline anymore?
*Started updating the BestForumStategies--they were all really old, and wondering If I should note which ones are out-dated/delete them?
*While making Art section reflect restructured forum, I noticed that in the animation tutorial, it never tells exactly how you make an animation, only what one is. As I can't seem to make animations that don't have the other frames in the background, I think this should be clarified (IIRC, there was a thread in the OT section, but that was deleted in the purge... :(

If other people are updating and want to say what they did, feel free to post here, when I change things, I'll note it here.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

The manual (and associated getting started guide and tactics guides) are in the process of being renovated. They contain much that is apocryphal or, at least, wildly inaccurate. Feel free to wander over to the Improved Manual and update the inaccurate or omitted parts.
scott

Re: Updating Wiki, comments and questions

Post by scott »

Thrawn wrote:Not sure how far I should go, and noticed a few things.

*The ScenarioDiscussion page seems out of date--It's for mainline, but doesn't have the new campaingns, still has the old ones. Makes me wonder how updated the walkthroughs are. I can't do this, because I don't have newest version myself, put should I note that
TDH and SotBE aren't mainline anymore?
*Started updating the BestForumStategies--they were all really old, and wondering If I should note which ones are out-dated/delete them?
*While making Art section reflect restructured forum, I noticed that in the animation tutorial, it never tells exactly how you make an animation, only what one is. As I can't seem to make animations that don't have the other frames in the background, I think this should be clarified (IIRC, there was a thread in the OT section, but that was deleted in the purge... :(

If other people are updating and want to say what they did, feel free to post here, when I change things, I'll note it here.
If you're playing 1.0, it's not necessarily out of date.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.