Made my own beginner-friendly, multi-player, co-op scenario

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SorimBela

Made my own beginner-friendly, multi-player, co-op scenario

Post by SorimBela »

My partner and I have recently turned to Wesnoth as a way to casually play games together on lower end computers. It's proven a nice way to pass the time and we eventually went through most of the multi-player co-op scenarios.

So I read the excellent Wesnoth documentation and learned how to make a simple co-op scenario to give us something new to try. I called this first stab at making a multi-player map "Two Teams Three Keeps". It's a 2 versus 2 scenario.

By design this scenario is asymmetrical. One team of two players shares a castle in the North, has more money, and is further away from villages. The other team, in the South, is split into two distant castles, has fewer funds, but easier access to nearby villages.

We've played the scenario through a few times, from both sides, and felt it was fun and balanced enough to share with the world. I uploaded it last night and Two Teams Three Keeps is now available as an add-on.

This map probably isn't a challenge to serious players, it's meant to be beginner friendly and suitable for casual gamers who want to try out co-op games with friends/family against the AI.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Made my own beginner-friendly, multi-player, co-op scenario

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I think this belongs in Multiplayer Development with the "Two Teams Three Keeps" as the title. Not in User's Forums.
Also, will there be any chance of a 1.16.x release of this any time soon?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Made my own beginner-friendly, multi-player, co-op scenario

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to Multiplayer Development.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code