Scenario Review: LoW 7 - Elves' Last Stand

Feedback for the multiplayer campaign mode for Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario Review: LoW 7 - Elves' Last Stand

Post by Content Feedback »

The Legend of Wesmere, scenario 7 - Elves' Last Stand:

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: V1.9/1.10 MP - Scenario Review: LoW 7 - Elves' Last Stan

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

(1) Wesnoth 1.9.3 with EASY difficulty.
(2) 8. (This would have been lower if I didn't had a recall list problem)
(3) Very.
(4) Crystal clear
(5) Finding a way to deal with keeping the side 2 leader alive
(6) 10
(7) Give side 2 more gold (200 at least) when a new wave arrives
(8) Not killing the trolls first
(9) I found it pretty clear

My main problem is that I got the same recall list (which is the same at the end of the first chapter) in every scenario since the first scenario of chapter 1.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Romzes

Post by Romzes »

There is missing feedback to sixth scenario, so I leave feedback for it here:

(1) Normal difficulty, ver. 1.12.5.
(2) 2.
(3) Very clear.
(4) Boring.
(5) Do not lose high-level troops.
(6) 5.
(7) More challenging. Perhaps less gold or less time. And there also too little space for three players.
(8) No such event was.

Is there a bug? I and my ally had huge amount of gold (wich we spent half of it)

Scenario 7 is halted due to strange problem: two leaders from 3rd scenario can't do any recruiting or recalling, (there were some second level troops in 3rd scenario). I think we can finish this scenario easily anyway, again due to huge amount of gold of other 3 players, and retreating this lone heroes to main forces. But the fact of this bug or "feature" is irritating
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Romzes wrote: Is there a bug? I and my ally had huge amount of gold (wich we spent half of it).
This is a known issue, currently all players get the same amount of early finishing bonus (num_villages*turn_left) that the'd get in sp. So in mp the total early finishing bonus is actually num_villages*turn_left*players.

We added wml features to configure the early finishing bonus wesnoth engine in 1.13.x to fix this issue. In 1.12.x this can only be fixed by changing the scenarios wml codes, which is harder any not very likeleey to happen.
Romzes wrote: Scenario 7 is halted due to strange problem: two leaders from 3rd scenario can't do any recruiting or recalling, (there were some second level troops in 3rd scenario).
Hmm i looked the the scenarios cfg file and i couldn't find any recruit attributes for El_Isomithir and Eradions sides which explains hy they cannot recruit. But this doesnt explain why they cannot recall.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.