Scenario Review: THoT 9 - Forbidden Forest

Feedback for the mainline campaign The Hammer of Thursagan.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

LordWolfDan

Re: Scenario Review: THoT 9 - Forbidden Forest

Post by LordWolfDan »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Easy

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Very interesting. I could have expected a scenario with elves being the enemies as dwarves and elves don't get along. Plus it seemed like the elves got pummeled by masked dwarves that they go attack every dwarf they see! Plus it's odd to come from Aiglondur how he doesn't want to fight elves.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- What can I say? Woses, elves, more elves and MORE WOSES! God, this scenario didn't give me a break

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- If you defeat the elvish high lord, there should be a dialogue where he reveals some info about these masked dwarves, and then, a masked dwarf could show up and attack the dwarves.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

- None

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Scenario Review: THoT 6 - Forbidden Forest

Post by Konrad2 »

1.15.1, Challenging (Lord)

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Interesting and clear.

Figuring out how to get through all this. You really don't get a break in this scenario.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Yes. Elves. More Elves. Woses. Ambush. Riders.
Attachments
THoT-Forbidden Forest replay.gz
(29.29 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

supperman

Re: Scenario Review: THoT 9 - Forbidden Forest

Post by supperman »

Content Feedback wrote:
March 10th, 2008, 11:14 pm
Challenging 1.12.5

6. I think I beat it on the first try, but it wouldn't have been possible without my veterans: 3 lords, 2 dragonguards, lvl3 angarthing and a white mage.

Crystal.

It's fine.

Ambushing woses. Luckily there wasn't any in the beginning. I defeated the two southern leaders on the way, and found the sceptre because some elf stopped next to it.

9, because of the challenge and seeing enemies fall before my small war party. Dragonguards kill most elves from full health with the boost from Angarthing.

Can't think of anything. Maybe more lvl 1 elves? Now it seems that only the SW leader hires mostly them. From the north come only scouts and lvl2 lords, which are easily taken 1 by 1.

Nope. It's hard to believe that I didn't lose any units to ambushes. Maybe I just got lucky.