Scenario Review: DiD 6 - Return to Parthyn

Feedback for the mainline campaign Descent into Darkness.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Re: Scenario Review: DiD 6 - Return to Parthyn

Post by Konrad2 » October 17th, 2018, 3:22 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

Challenging, Version 1.14.1

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

7, assasinating can go wrong easily.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Very.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Quite clear, but I only knew of this sister because I didn't recuirt WC in the first scenario.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Avoiding losses in the initial clash.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

8. Very misguided actions.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

None. I'm not very creative.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Failing to assassinate Drogan.
Attachments
DiD-Return to Parthyn replay.gz
(51 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan » November 21st, 2018, 6:40 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Normal

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Pretty good. It was sad to see that Malin was acused for bringing in the orcs, but being forced to kill Drogan and run for his life after his sister Dela sets the manhunt on him, then we see that Malin has turned to the dark side at last

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- Making sure that I don't kill anyone else but Drogan at first, then trying to avoid humans subduing me in the river while killing the orc warlord

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- Similar how Drogan accuses Malin for bringing in the orcs, there could be a dialogue where Dela does the same, but Malin, despite fallen into necromancy, has enough compassion to say "No one will harm my sister, despite my sorrows how she feels about me now..."

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

- None

LienRag

Post by LienRag » Yesterday, 4:48 pm

No turn limit scenarios are a mistake if the very scenario is not the last one of the campaign: I was able to feed a Necrophage to 250 HP (and stopped only because it was too boring), which quites unbalances the following scenarios.