Scenario 10: The Gate Between Worlds

Feedback for the mainline campaign Delfador’s Memoirs.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

flammstrudel

Re: Scenario 10: The Gate Between Worlds

Post by flammstrudel » October 9th, 2014, 6:49 pm

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?
1.10.3 hard (Great Mage - Difficult)
464 gold

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
I started this scenario with two shadows, that made it significantly easier. No real challenges.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
Good. 5/10

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Footpads and more gold for the necromancer. You will start this mission with at least 450 gold (unless you didn't farm the last one), so more enemies wouldn't be unwarranted.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No.
Attachments
DM-The_Gate_Between_Wor..._replay.gz
(27.86 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

D-Wade

Re: Scenario Review: DM 10 - The Gate Between Worlds

Post by D-Wade » November 15th, 2014, 8:38 am

1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?
1.10.7 - Normal

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
4 - I just overwhelmed the opponent.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
I was a little confused with the dialogue lines coming from my ghost. At first, it seems like he wants to join the opponent but then still fights alongside you. That got me a little confused. And why exactly are the bandits coming to help Iliah-Malal?

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
There was no real challenge. I luckily had two leveled up Shadows and one Wraith. Them plus some other ghosts and one or two ghouls and it was smooth sailing all the way.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
5 - No real challenge.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Perhaps have some discussion going on between Delfador and his ghost and further explain, why bandits would help a necromancer.
Also: Give the leader more gold and footpads as well to make it more difficult.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No.

devavrata

Re: Scenario 10: The Gate Between Worlds

Post by devavrata » April 21st, 2017, 8:55 pm

Content Feedback wrote:1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?
Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.3, Easy/Medium, Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.7 Hard.
Content Feedback wrote:(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote:(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear
Content Feedback wrote:(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear
Content Feedback wrote:(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
The mages do quite a harm, and my undead being level 1 are all too easy to get killed. You have to be quite careful not to position your units so that multiple enemy units can attack them.
Content Feedback wrote:(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote:(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
It's difficult to think of one.
Content Feedback wrote:(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No
Content Feedback wrote:(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
-