09 - Bounty Hunters

Feedback for the mainline single-player campaign Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GrandSage

Re: 09 - Bounty Hunters

Post by GrandSage »

More of a bug report, but I've filled out the whole thing now that im at it.

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.9, Normal difficulty

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

- 2. they managed to kill a few of my units, but in the end the enemy was no match for woses, especially not with recalled elder woses.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- The actual objectives seemed clear to me, however, I won by killing both enemy leaders, which isn't stated as a possibility in the objectives. Looking through the WML-files, i can see that victory_when_enemies_defeated is set to "no", like it should, but the {default_victory} macro is included. I assume this to be unintentional.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Its a fun setup, and i like that you can use the info from the start to figure out what will happen when you enter the river. However, I rarely remember the names of my units, so telling me that unit X left my recall list left me more confused then anything else.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- well... In my case i guess i didn't... But i had enough turns left to easily finish the objective otherwise, so no major challenges i think.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

- 7. Nice setting, different style of play, and still very much possible to beat some saurians on normal difficulty.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- I like the fact that its possible to beat both enemies, but this could be integrated into the campaign better, with some messages and dialog, or even a reward for killing the leaders.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

- no, but see the afforementioned bug.

(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?

- I found the WML very clear, and had no trouble finding the relevant code for the bug that I encountered.