Wesnoth 1.15.4

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Wesnoth 1.15.4

Post by octalot »

Another note for the "Miscellaneous improvements" section:
Unused addons are disabled during a game
During an active game, (that is: not during campaign selection for example) the engine hides all top level tags from addons that are not involved in the current game. 'involved' here means providing one of the [campaign], [scenario], [era], [multiplayer], [modification] or [resource] tags that are active in the current game.
Currently debugging: it seems [resource] isn't properly supported. Will likely log a bug when I know more.

An edge case that's no longer supported because of this: a survival map that uses enemies from Ageless Era, but allows the host to choose a different era for the players' units. I'm looking at solving that by putting a dummy [resource] in AE that SXC can load.

Edit: this will be fixed in 1.15.5 (the fix is already merged in the dev branch). It was logged as issue #5126.
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

Hi, I can confirm. Most of my add-on's aren't loading. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

When I copy the add-on's into the campaign directory of the app bundle, (and change their load paths) then they do work just fine.

I also have an other problem. font display is going wrong somehow. Reading in game text is nearly impossible... I'll try and do some more checking. this could be a dependency problem with one of the libraries the game uses... when I know more I'll write again.
octalot wrote: September 4th, 2020, 5:49 am Another note for the "Miscellaneous improvements" section:
Unused addons are disabled during a game
During an active game, (that is: not during campaign selection for example) the engine hides all top level tags from addons that are not involved in the current game. 'involved' here means providing one of the [campaign], [scenario], [era], [multiplayer], [modification] or [resource] tags that are active in the current game.
Currently debugging: it seems [resource] isn't properly supported. Will likely log a bug when I know more.

An edge case that's no longer supported because of this: a survival map that uses enemies from Ageless Era, but allows the host to choose a different era for the players' units. I'm looking at solving that by putting a dummy [resource] in AE that SXC can load.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

swangdoodles wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:17 pm Hi, I can confirm. Most of my add-on's aren't loading. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

When I copy the add-on's into the campaign directory of the app bundle, (and change their load paths) then they do work just fine.
It sounds like it's likely macOS-specific in that case, since I can't reproduce it on Linux. If you follow either of these steps for macOS, what gets output to the terminal/log file?
swangdoodles wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:17 pm I also have an other problem. font display is going wrong somehow. Reading in game text is nearly impossible... I'll try and do some more checking. this could be a dependency problem with one of the libraries the game uses... when I know more I'll write again.
A screenshot of the font issue would be helpful - is it like the screenshots here?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

hi, yes the screenshots on the github page they look precisely like what I am seeing. two screenshots are attached of 15.3 and 15.4
. and output of the Mac system log. I couldn't see anything wrong in the terminal output... but I can try that again (when I find some time)
Pentarctagon wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:01 pm
swangdoodles wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:17 pm Hi, I can confirm. Most of my add-on's aren't loading. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

It sounds like it's likely macOS-specific in that case, since I can't reproduce it on Linux. If you follow either of these steps for macOS, what gets output to the terminal/log file?
swangdoodles wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:17 pm I also have an other problem. font display is going wrong somehow. Reading in game text is nearly impossible... I'll try and do some more checking. this could be a dependency problem with one of the libraries the game uses... when I know more I'll write again.
A screenshot of the font issue would be helpful - is it like the screenshots here?
Attachments
found.txt
system log
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Alright, in that case the issue should be fixed in 1.15.5, which will be released in about two weeks.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Alright, in that case the issue should be fixed in 1.15.5, which will be released in about two weeks.
Two Weeks? I must say, you guys are going a bit...too fast. :O
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, the goal is to have a 1.15 release once per month :P
RGB-less-nerd

Post by RGB-less-nerd »

Pentarctagon wrote: August 24th, 2020, 2:08 pm 1.14.14 is planned for September 12th.
Is it being released today or there is some sort of delay?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, there can't have been a delay until it's not 9/12 yet :P
RGB-less-nerd

Post by RGB-less-nerd »

Pentarctagon wrote: September 12th, 2020, 6:20 pm Well, there can't have been a delay until it's not 9/12 yet :P
So when can we expect it realistically?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Ultimately it's whenever the packager for the particular operating system is able to finish it. This time around for 1.14.14, macOS has been updated so far while Windows and Linux haven't been yet. The announcement for the update being released is then posted once all three are complete.