Wesnoth 1.14.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

enclave

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.1

Post by enclave »

EnergiaX wrote: May 12th, 2018, 11:59 am Why is not there all add-on?
I this version wesnoth (on steam) i must install add-on.[even though I have an earlier version 1.12]
in add-on manager, i don't see all old additions. For example : Bonus Spam, save the village, xp bank is not exist here.
Is it enough to copy folders? please help.
What I would do in your place is I would go into folder:
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.2\userdata\data\add-ons
(just replace Admin with your user name)
And copy everything into folder here:
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\data\add-ons
THEN try to use your add-on on wesnoth 1.14, and if it doesn't work ask us about it again ;) copy error message so we could help better.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Ive got another MinGW Runtime Assertion working with the editor, i couldnt screenshot because all of the keys on my keyboard stopped responding until i have pressed 'abort' with the mouse. The expression was image or _image, symptom was that the main map display gone basically haywire. I was scrolling around with the mouse in editor, then noticed it began showing the same part of the map but distorted. Later i have discovered that prntscr had actually worked, but the image could not be pasted into paint.net because:
possibleleak.png
possibleleak.png (23.73 KiB) Viewed 14151 times
I believe that was the same as the one that came up earlier:
newesteditorexiterr.png
This one always comes up when exiting the editor.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

For the record, enclave, you're seeing the small-sized addon manager. It looks better at larger window sizes (there's no list/details tabbing, for one).
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
enclave

Post by enclave »

vultraz wrote: May 13th, 2018, 12:05 am For the record, enclave, you're seeing the small-sized addon manager. It looks better at larger window sizes (there's no list/details tabbing, for one).
maybe it does look better in Larger window sizes.. but not everyone is sitting there with 4k and actually keeping these stupid resolutions when you need to use magnifying glass to read text =] 1280 x 655 is not extremely small.. it's average or only slightly below average... My monitor is using 1920x1080 in windows, I have no idea why Wesnoth maximum is 1280. But I guess if it was more than that I doubt I would like it. As I don't try to make my eyes workout and build a muscle mass for always being in tension to see something.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

enclave wrote: May 13th, 2018, 4:28 amMy monitor is using 1920x1080 in windows, I have no idea why Wesnoth maximum is 1280.
Wesnoth does not have a maximum window size. Is your monitor 1920x1080 but configured to use DPI text scaling in your Display settings perhaps? That will make Wesnoth consider it to be smaller than 1920x1080 but with higher pixel sizes (or rather, Windows will make Wesnoth do that).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

This is what the normal view looks like for me. The minimum resolution at which it shows is 1281x801.
Attachments
1.14 addon manager.JPG
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Another detail:
The icons for "slowed" and "poisoned" on right side info panel are on the same spot, so when a unit is affected by both, one can see only one of the two icons.
I like beavers.
enclave

Post by enclave »

shadowm wrote: May 13th, 2018, 5:11 am Wesnoth does not have a maximum window size. Is your monitor 1920x1080 but configured to use DPI text scaling in your Display settings perhaps? That will make Wesnoth consider it to be smaller than 1920x1080 but with higher pixel sizes (or rather, Windows will make Wesnoth do that).
Well after reading that I have right clicked wesnoth.exe and in compatibility tab ticked the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checkbox..
And yeah, now I see what vultraz shows on his screenshot.. and a lot of menus look different now (different layout)
But I can't keep the native resolution, units look stupid now, everything is tiny, it's like trying to see your house in google maps..
Well.. I guess I will just have to live with some menus not being made for my DPI settings...
Djinni

Post by Djinni »

Hey shadow, will the 1.14 update feature the IftU or AftS campaigns? I'm playing on 1.12 right now because i couldn't find those campaigns on the add-on server.

Thanks!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Eventually. I’m working on it.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I'm not sure if it's the right place to say it or if it was discussed before, but statistics don't work properly in replays, at least for me. Everything that's happened during the match is there from turn 1, the recruits, the advancements, the losses, the damage. And as the replay proceeds, everything will be added to the stats again.
It's not a catastrophe, but it's definitely annoying that you can't follow the events in the statistics when you are watching a replay.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

enclave wrote: May 11th, 2018, 2:09 am PPS. now slightly about bad things. Custom options don't save settings if id is an array name, they become default after restart of wesnoth (w1.14.1 windows 7, and the problem was not only with me, other players too)
This was a regression in 1.13.10. I'll fix it for 1.14.2.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

I'm not sure if anyone else had the same issue, but when I was in fullscreen, I couldn't minimize the window or switch to desktop. The usual keyboard shortcuts like Win, Win+D, Win+M, Win+up only reveal the taskbar but whenever I click anything on the taskbar, it just gets hidden again, with Wesnoth being fullscreened. The issue is inconsistent, sometimes I can reproduce it and sometimes it works normally. Wesnoth version is 1.14.1 and running on Windows 7.

EDIT: Oh, and in HttT, sometimes the scenario "Scepter of Fire" won't start and I get the following message:

Code: Select all

Map generator error: Error when running lua_map_generator create_map.
The generator was: Lua Cave Generator
Lua Error:
  When executing, Lua runtime error: lua/mapgen_helper.lua:93: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '.assert'
	lua/mapgen_helper.lua:93: in function <lua/mapgen_helper.lua:79>
	[C]: in function '.tostring'
	lua/cave_map_generator.lua:163: in function <lua/cave_map_generator.lua:8>
	(...tail calls...)
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I think the assertion failure has already been fixed for 1.14.2.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
chol

Post by chol »

Nice new version 1.14 release! Looks very good.
Is the UMC add-ons server down (19th+20th May) ? I cannot connect; I get the error "server terminated connection".