Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

duuuude

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Post by duuuude »

Aweomse update! awesome when game began got a push notification saying game has begun..
but in lobby chat i noticed it doesn't say anymore if a player has left or joined your game? helps keep track..
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Crushmaster wrote: May 6th, 2018, 9:29 pm I've been having problems where alt+tabbing hasn't been responsive. It'll show my other windows on menu in the middle of the screen, and show the taskbar, but it won't do it. Eventually it'll do it, sometimes with the game bleeding through and replacing the taskbar. This is on Windows 10. Anyone else had this issue?
Sounds similar to what I've seen on Win 7. if I want to switch, I have to do the alt+tab to a program, then do it immediately again, cycling through all the other programs to get it to take.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I've seen that before, but only after Windows has gotten itself into a messed up state and the task view is broken...
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Konrad2 wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 11:36 pm
Alsemevad wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 10:58 pm Into the tutoriel and the first campaign for example, there are many text in English.

Where can I report these translation issues?
I've tested it and litereally everything important in the tutorial, pretty much all the information, is in english.
That's a rather major mistake. :/

EDIT: Tested it for all language. This seems to be solely a problem with the french translation.
That's because the French translation needs updating: https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?view=l ... ch&lang=fr

If you want to help: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Category:Translations
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Very good in many ways. But I don't approve these changes:

Dunefolk descriptions and units aren't anymore in Italian, they're only in English. Does this problem exist in other languages? And they don't still have an avatar, with the only exception of Hakim/Tabib.

Unike the previous versions, when we open the game, we can't find the principal units, the Units book is empty, except we don't play a campaign. Worst of all, if we close Wesnoth, when we re-open the campaign, the only units who appear in the book are the current ones, I've noticed this thing when I continued "Secrets of the Ancients" today morning. The only units I could see were wolf riders and their level 2 evolutions, undeads, bats and the necromancer, while I should have seen also sailors, loyalists, outlaws, giant rats and wolves from the previous scenarios.

In "Secrets of the Ancients", which I'm still completing, when Ardonna reaches level 3, instead of receiving the dark sorcerer/necromancer avatar, she should receive a recolor of that avatar, since her original avatar is a recolored dark adept one.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

If you would like to see the Dunefolk names in Italian, would you like to help finish the translations? See my post above.

Wesnoth is huge, so it's difficult for translators to keep up.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

SigurdFireDragon wrote: May 8th, 2018, 3:25 am
Crushmaster wrote: May 6th, 2018, 9:29 pm I've been having problems where alt+tabbing hasn't been responsive. It'll show my other windows on menu in the middle of the screen, and show the taskbar, but it won't do it. Eventually it'll do it, sometimes with the game bleeding through and replacing the taskbar. This is on Windows 10. Anyone else had this issue?
Sounds similar to what I've seen on Win 7. if I want to switch, I have to do the alt+tab to a program, then do it immediately again, cycling through all the other programs to get it to take.
That's rough. It works normally a lot of the time for me, but occasionally it doesn't. Good to know it's not just me.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Xalzar

Post by Xalzar »

Kylix wrote: May 8th, 2018, 10:04 am Dunefolk descriptions and units aren't anymore in Italian, they're only in English.
The change to the Dunefolk names happened a bit late, and the main Italian Forum site have had some problems in the meantime, so the work on the translation is starting only now, too late for the release.

If you want to partecipate, come over to WIF - or, if you prefer, open a discussion in this forum in the appropriate section. In the latter case, I'll keep exchanging information between the two forums.

;)
ghype

Post by ghype »

Kylix wrote: May 8th, 2018, 10:04 am
Unike the previous versions, when we open the game, we can't find the principal units, the Units book is empty, except we don't play a campaign. Worst of all, if we close Wesnoth, when we re-open the campaign, the only units who appear in the book are the current ones
there is a command for discovering all units in the help file (book). It should work in singleplayer too.
open the spoiler tag to see the command
Spoiler:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Or you can go into Preferences → Advances and enable Show all units in help.

I’m not entirely sure what you are saying, though. Is Wesnoth basically forgetting units you’ve already seen on the same version of Wesnoth? Has anyone else experienced this?

(For the record I don’t seem to have this issue.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

I heard someone had the same issue on iOS.
Maybe it's an universal issue.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

There is an option under preferences->advanced for this, is that ticked on while this is happening ?
thepref.png
Did you mean the game forgets at startup what unit types had been learned in the previous session when this option was off ?
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

I tried search-this-topic, but it didn't show results, so i hope this isn't double post again..

Teamchat is showing <...> instead of *...* to teammates, *...* is shown only to oneself. But other non-team players seem not to be able to read messages.
I like beavers.
mikeanthony

Post by mikeanthony »

Apologies if this has been reported, I had a quick search but didn't see it -

I've played the release candidates since 1.13.10 and also 1.14 with a couple of friends, all running laptops, all various windows versions - and we've been seeing an odd issue with the scrolling locking into some direction or other - up/down, left/right or diagnoal. If you hold down the opposite cursor key (e.g. it's locked scrolling up, you hold down the down key) then it counters the effect, as long as you hold the key down, and you can use 'n' to jump between units, and scroll about with the mouse. as soon as you release the cursor key, it starts scrolling again. Sometimes, bringing up another screen (the unit description, recruit/recall screen, game preferences) will fix this (sometimes not). We haven't worked out consistently what triggers it, but it seems to be related to using the keyboard cursor keys as your primary means of normal scrolling about. And the effect seemed to be more frequent and repeatable on one laptop than on the other two (but did happen on all three).

Is this a known issue? (in which case, sorry, ignore me)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

mikeanthony wrote: May 8th, 2018, 10:48 pm I've played the release candidates since 1.13.10 and also 1.14 with a couple of friends, all running laptops, all various windows versions - and we've been seeing an odd issue with the scrolling locking into some direction or other - up/down, left/right or diagnoal.
I can offer you kinda a hotfix. Tap the arrow that is in the direction the scrolling is locked. That actually solves the lock. Don't ask me why though. xD
...maybe wesnoth didn't get the message that you released the key and still 'thinks' that you are pressing it, while tapping the key clears up the confusion...?