Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Post by Iris »

shadowm wrote: May 4th, 2018, 6:39 pm
enclave wrote: May 4th, 2018, 11:54 am But 1.14 has got rediculously worse in terms of active/inactive weapon specials.. [...] :(
I have this fixed in my working copy at the expense of the visibility of the backstab weapon special. I’m waiting on someone else to do that half of the fix since apparently the game can’t make up its mind with regards to whether an attacker with the backstab weapon special is actually the attacker or not.
And fixed too, with vultraz’s, gfgtdf’s, and celmin’s help. Apparently I was going in circles at some point.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

enclave wrote: May 5th, 2018, 8:54 pm
Eagle_11 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 8:44 pm Can the mp lobby please not randomly jump up to first game while scrolling down ?
They already promissed to fix it I think in next release.
My understanding is that properly fixing this would require a significant amount of effort, so an interim solution is going to be to have games with open slots be shown at the top of the game list rather than the bottom.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
enclave

Post by enclave »

shadowm wrote: May 6th, 2018, 3:44 am And fixed too, with vultraz’s, gfgtdf’s, and celmin’s help. Apparently I was going in circles at some point.
Yay! Thank you very much for all your hard work!
Pentarctagon wrote: May 6th, 2018, 8:25 am My understanding is that properly fixing this would require a significant amount of effort, so an interim solution is going to be to have games with open slots be shown at the top of the game list rather than the bottom.
I thought maybe it was related to refresh rate of lobby.. I guess the problem is in the scroll itself then?
Sorting the games by open slots is a nice idea.. :D
By the way if I select a game from the list, then it does not jump anywhere.. maybe just implement some kind of automatic game select on scroll... or idk

By the way one of the good things to note again is the replay server is now showing the modifications http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.14/
So can search games by modification name, which wasnt available in 1.12
I currently don't monitor any of my modifications, but now I could if I wanted! That's great.
Maybe its a bit messy now (the lines are too long, could really do with putting the information in multiple lines with line breaks... because if I search for era and the game has modifications, then it just jumps out of screen to the right, so I don't see the title of game anymore. Maybe if title and era was in first line, modifications in second line if they exist and the player names list in 3rd line it would probably look much better), but it's a great improvement feature even as it is for modifications developers. Great job, whoever of you great developers done it ;)

PS. I just looked again and probably 3 lines of replay server would be an overkill, but 2 lines available without making the games list bigger..
So If anyone able to improve it, in my eyes would be better if it was like this:
savefile date time size title era modifications and player in second line.

Code: Select all

Cs_Turn_16_(1748).bz2	2018-05-06   90K  title: Xanaduro’s game era: Ageless RPG Era modifications: EXI_RangedSimple_Mod,Rav_XP_Mod  
                             12:34        players: Computer Player 1, Xanaduro, Nonood, Nonood, Platypus
But it's really the last thing I would ask from developers, because there is so much more important things to do ;)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Those lines do get split currently. Might be browser specific.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Ravana wrote: May 6th, 2018, 1:52 pm Those lines do get split currently. Might be browser specific.
Well thats mozilla firefox:
w1.jpg
And that's avast browser:
w2.jpg
Not everyone uses chrome or edge or opera..
But I guess there is not much can be done with http display. Unless its not http.. Anyway it's not important..

---

by the way a counterproductive idea!
I see people complaining about lobby a lot, so I thought maybe there is a way to switch lobby themes like in wesnoth 1.12 (Preferences -> Advanced -> Experimental lobby)
For these who would prefer lobby to look like Christmas tree... :D

---
Eagle_11 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 8:44 pm Can the mp lobby please not randomly jump up to first game while scrolling down ?
As a temporarily solution just for yourself it will help if you click on the visible games while you scroll.
When there is a game selected it does not jump anywhere. Lobby stays focused on it.

---

I ran the test in hope to cheat the controller system... Started a game with all AI sides except player1, and then gave control of side 2 to observer.
The result was predictable, but upsetting. That of course didn't let observer control anything, the side 2 was still played by AI and observer was seeing himself as player1 and all his chat was red. For player 1 (host) the observer controlling side 2 was blue in chat. Basically giving control of AI side to observer is impossible.. looks like... I was hoping that it would allow droid to be purely AI if anyone leaves the game later.. without making host spy on all droid sides, but unfortunately AI is solidly put in and can't be replaced by human controller.
The replay: http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.14/2018050 ... (2021).bz2
Last edited by enclave on May 6th, 2018, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

enclave, please edit previous posts rather than multiposting.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

I agree with enclave, that many things are extremely nice in 1.14, but:

Surrender in MP
If one uses "Surrender" in a MP-game, e.g. on AuctionX, others can see that one's units, just as if they were allied.
I don't think, that is a desired effect..

I just noticed, it is even worse: after one surrendered, i (host) droided that side, now, when it is not my turn, i cannot see my own original side..
I like beavers.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Zap-Zarap I already mentioned it :) But I think its not only when you surrender, i'm quite sure it's same if you just leave without surrendering, because droided side is now controlled by human player.. for bloody why =]
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

:oops: Ok, sorry then for double post.
I like beavers.
ghype

Post by ghype »

I don't have to mention how nice the new windowed chats are

BUT
When you have a lot of chatter going on it, it will be annoying when you miss somebodys message.
You could replace the mask symbol with a counter (x) where as x is the amount of messages you received while being on a different chat window.
This way you dont have to introduce sound notification every time which can get annoying real fast. you woudln know from who you received a message too.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-06 03.07.32.png
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Having issues with the steam 1.14 version. Lots of animations are only being half displayed. It is not my hardware on my pc, 1.12 and 1.13 run quite well. It is like the steam version is poorly optimized.
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
isaac85

Post by isaac85 »

Hi I try 1.14 and first to say.. WOW! a lot of thinks change some to good and others to bad...
I want to say something that change from 1.12 that dont like:

Filter buttons on MP deactivate when out from one match.

I experience some maps problems like on dimaga beach.. The back waves come earlier on left side than right ?!?!?! There are not the same map that on 1.12?!?!?!
enclave

Post by enclave »

Zap-Zarap wrote: May 6th, 2018, 5:45 pm :oops: Ok, sorry then for double post.
It might be good to double or triple mention it for now, as I still haven't seen a reply whether they will look into it.. As for me it's definitely #1 problem of 1.14 and nothing less than lobby problems or game not running at all.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

I've been having problems where alt+tabbing hasn't been responsive. It'll show my other windows on menu in the middle of the screen, and show the taskbar, but it won't do it. Eventually it'll do it, sometimes with the game bleeding through and replacing the taskbar. This is on Windows 10. Anyone else had this issue?
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

As I'm replaying all the mainline campaigns right now, I'd like to share a heroes death with you (I'm really proud of this one):
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10287&p=627574#p627574