Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ghype

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Post by ghype »

enclave wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:38 am
ghype wrote: May 5th, 2018, 8:27 am (1)Just 2day realised that now you can autofill nicks from the Lobby to even if you in-game, which was at first confusing but in the end Communication gets much easier
what does it do? I didn't understand :)
ok i have to correct myself.
when u want to autofill a nick by hitting tab in-lobby it worked only with users who actually are in the lobby and not in-games. Now u can use tab for autofill nicks who are in-game and not in-lobby.
Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way around, maybe stats something for the future.
vultraz wrote: May 5th, 2018, 11:29 am For the record, I've made several tweaks and improvements to the MP Lobby based on feedback. These'll be in the next release.
this now looks really solid.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Would it be possible to structure the steam wesnoth forum like the wesnoth forum? (is that even desirable?)

On another note, maybe you (the devs) could pin a post in steam that asks of everyone with technical troubles to report them on the wesnoth forum (because it's more likely to be fixed here).
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Konrad2 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 1:08 pm Would it be possible to structure the steam wesnoth forum like the wesnoth forum? (is that even desirable?)

On another note, maybe you (the devs) could pin a post in steam that asks of everyone with technical troubles to report them on the wesnoth forum (because it's more likely to be fixed here).
I'll be adding a sticky thread on the Steam forums directing people here later today, in fact. The original plan was actually to not have the Steam forums enabled at all, but then at the last minute it was discovered that it wasn't allowed to disable Steam's forums entirely.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
enclave

Post by enclave »

vultraz wrote: May 5th, 2018, 11:29 am For the record, I've made several tweaks and improvements to the MP Lobby based on feedback. These'll be in the next release.
That looks like a step up for me ;)
Now there could be some icons and map size near the map and (i) information :)
What button refresh means?
enclave

Post by enclave »

ghype wrote: May 5th, 2018, 11:53 am Now u can use tab for autofill nicks who are in-game and not in-lobby.
Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way around, maybe stats something for the future.
I think it was always working like that.. strange :)
But i hope it will never work other way around :D if we have 200 people in lobby with similar names then autofill would become half-autofill because we would have to write half of the name instead of just first letter lol...
It might work with some kind of shift+tab for these with special needs in chat a lot externally :D but then maybe i misunderstood you ;)
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

Typo on the main website, Release Notes page https://www.wesnoth.org/start/1.14/
"ingrate" should be "integrate"
The page is very well written and made me keen to play/contribute, so i hope more translators join up (only 3 languages are currently available).
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

tr0ll wrote: May 5th, 2018, 5:17 pm Typo on the main website, Release Notes page https://www.wesnoth.org/start/1.14/
"ingrate" should be "integrate"
The page is very well written and made me keen to play/contribute, so i hope more translators join up (only 3 languages are currently available).
Ah! Thanks for pointing that out.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Can the mp lobby please not randomly jump up to first game while scrolling down ?
enclave

Post by enclave »

Eagle_11 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 8:44 pm Can the mp lobby please not randomly jump up to first game while scrolling down ?
They already promissed to fix it I think in next release.

By the way add to the good things please, the messages that it is my turn coming as a windows popup from the wesnoth icon near the clock;) Lovely.
Also if something mentions my name, same thing. Beautiful!
ghype

Post by ghype »

Not a technical problem, but aesthetic.

On 2p - Cave of the Basilisk some of the statues have now have a tiny grey box left to their sprites.
Some don't have it. Because of that and the fact in 1.12 they hadn't had those tiny grey boxes either, I can only assume those are not supposed to be there.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-05 06.02.17.png
Screenshot 2018-05-05 06.02.17.png (14.08 KiB) Viewed 7408 times
Screenshot 2018-05-05 06.02.09.png
Screenshot 2018-05-05 06.02.09.png (15.32 KiB) Viewed 7408 times
Screenshot 2018-05-05 06.01.54.png
Screenshot 2018-05-05 06.01.54.png (31.21 KiB) Viewed 7408 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

As I am playing once more the mainline campaigns to look for bugs, I've been posting my findings in the feedback threads of it. Right now I'm playing The South Guard and I've discovered multiple bugs, while receiving no response yet. :/ I'd like to ask of the developers to take a look at those bugs and these threads.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2998&start=435
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Konrad2 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:04 pm As I am playing once more the mainline campaigns to look for bugs, I've been posting my findings in the feedback threads of it. Right now I'm playing The South Guard and I've discovered multiple bugs, while receiving no response yet. :/ I'd like to ask of the developers to take a look at those bugs and these threads.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2998&start=435
Campaign bugs would be best posted either here, or on Github. For better or worse, it's unlikely that the devs are going to see all the bugs you're finding when they're spread out across multiple posts and multiple threads.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Pentarctagon wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:19 pm Campaign bugs would be best posted either here, or on Github. For better or worse, it's unlikely that the devs are going to see all the bugs you're finding when they're spread out across multiple posts and multiple threads.
I guess I'll just have to do that.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Konrad2 wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Pentarctagon wrote: May 5th, 2018, 10:19 pm Campaign bugs would be best posted either here, or on Github. For better or worse, it's unlikely that the devs are going to see all the bugs you're finding when they're spread out across multiple posts and multiple threads.
I guess I'll just have to do that.
Thanks! I've went ahead and tagged the issues as well.
thefish

Post by thefish »

hello all.

i have noticed very annoying behaviors:

1) when i open the "other players" list the game lags so hard that usually i need to kill the client the bad way.
2) Also if i click on one of these players it doesn't point me to the game the player is in as usual in previous releases, it only does if i double click on the player name but this way it popups the message box first then i must close this box to get pointed to the requested game.

Apart of the above i would like if the buttons "Log Out" , "Refresh" , " Create game" etc... could be arranged under or above the check boxes like in previous version so it doesn't steal space to the players list . i think there is enough free space for it.

thanks very much to developers for this new amazing release full of new good things. Cheers!