Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

That's exactly what's happening, Konrad2. (A more precise explanation is that Wesnoth is split into several "event contexts" and the release event got sent to a different context than the press event; so for example this could happen if a dialog pops up while the arrow key is pressed.)

In any case, there's already a fix in progress, hopefully it will make it into 1.14.1 (which should be out sometime "today").
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
enclave

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.0 — New Horizons Update

Post by enclave »

Zap-Zarap wrote: May 8th, 2018, 6:39 pm I tried search-this-topic, but it didn't show results, so i hope this isn't double post again..

Teamchat is showing <...> instead of *...* to teammates, *...* is shown only to oneself. But other non-team players seem not to be able to read messages.
I confirm, we had the same. Message sent to ally I can see like *enclave* blabla.. but when I receive a message from my ally I see it as <DrDre> bla bla bla... So no way to know if the message came to team chat only or is shown to all players in game. And it looks like indeed only allies can read them, unfortunately my ally wasn't talkative to help determine it more precisely.