Wesnoth 1.12.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabi
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.12.0

Post by fabi »

GunChleoc wrote:I have an account on the bug tracker, but where is the "Report a bug" button?
snapshot3.png
tekelili wrote:
Nobun wrote:I appreciated, instead, the idea of putting the turns of time schedule (example: 2/6)
Why?
I can't tell you why Nobun appreciates the item in question,
but I can tell you why I put it in there.

In Wesnoth <= 1.10 there is no way to inform yourself about the actual used time schedule.
You can open the hard-coded help browser topic covering the default schedule.
Clicking the tod image does so, no matter if you play HttT or UtBS (Two Suns after the fall cycle) or any UMC featuring a custom tod schedule.

One can argue that all this information could have been added to the tooltip of the tod image.
Let's say I move the information into the tooltip, what information would you like to see displayed right or left of the tod image?
Last edited by Iris on November 29th, 2014, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double-post.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Thanks, bug is filed https://gna.org/bugs/?23002
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

fabi wrote:One can argue that all this information could have been added to the tooltip of the tod image.
Let's say I move the information into the tooltip, what information would you like to see displayed right or left of the tod image?
I would use that space to probably display flag image with team ownership. And would reorganize level and defense stats so they become visually more related to HP, XP and MP.

Those 5 stats (level, defense, HP, XP and MP) are the ones I really want to know when I click on a unit, and the flag is currently for me a disturbing noise.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Nobun
Code Contributor

Post by Nobun »

@tekelili. I totally agree with you about flag. This is why, in general, imho the old "unit display info" worked better. I agree with you about useful infos. I would add: terrain defenses (already showed putting mouse on unit image, like in past), traits, special abilities (ex. leadership) and MORE VISIBLE attack description (I mean... the old 1.10 was shown a lot better, the current version is too small)

@fabi
I can't tell you why Nobun appreciates the item in question,
but I can tell you why I put it in there.
I appreciated the idea exactly for the reasons you explained, as I said before in this same discussion
(see http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 47#p578421) ;)
Palatin

Post by Palatin »

Good thing to see that BfW is a alive und thriving.
I salute all contributors to this release.

I already played several games against the AI and I like it. The new interface is better than the old one and the "Strong AI" really seems stronger - at least to me.
BrazenK

Post by BrazenK »

Hello, getting back into playing Wesnoth, and I'm excited for this release. However, Chrome (39.0.2171.95 m) detected the windows package of wesnoth to be potentially malicious. I downloaded from two different mirrors and got the same notice. The md5 hash I got is D008E3770234DA2C53C084EB0FDBE96A. Sorry if this seems paranoid (IT guy here) but I would really appreciate if you could confirm the hash as authentic.

Regards,

BK
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

The .tar.bz2 package is available at sourceforge, and next to it you'll see the .tar.bz2.md5 file which contains the md5 hash:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... noth-1.12/

There was also an earlier thread on this topic: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 0&p=578132

Edit: Sorry, I misread you I think. There's no md5 hash for the windows package afaict...
BrazenK

Post by BrazenK »

Aww, I didn't see that thread. Thank you iceiceice.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I have watched several games in wich players were wondering what was cause of sudden oos. Of course they consider all possibilities as different add on version, wrong BfW version, corrupted save, etc, etc... They also have problems to decide what to do to deal with them.

Given that BfW 1.12 is giving randomly oos in multiplayer server at almost 100% rate and players MUST deal with them yes or yes... I really think this should be explained under
<server> Welcome to the official 1.12 multiplayer server!
with something like this
Forgive us for unexpected oos, we are working to solve them. Please, save/reload game imediatly to solve them.
I dont think average players can really enjoy multiplayer server, without that knowledge.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
GbDorn

Post by GbDorn »

Units with black ellipses (side=5) cannot be distinguished from the minimap background when the Minimap Terrain Drawing is toggled on.

I have also found several minor bugs in the editor. I use Wesnoth 1.12.0 built from source on Ubuntu 14.10.
Sorry if any of these has already been reported or fixed.

1. Strings for all variations of the map generator in Map > Generate Map are "1/4: default, Random map" to "4/4: default, Random map (Winter)"
'default' is not translated and is even untranslatable since it stems from 'map_generation=default'.

2. When generating random maps in a row 'Player X' tags stay in place (as long as the new map has the same size as the old - even when the number of players is changed). They can also appear above the Settings box from Map > Generate Map > Settings

3. When first using the Unit Tool after a Side is created: Ancient Lich is selected but the menu is set on Bats.

4. In the Unit Tool 'Falcons' has no icon.

5. In the Unit Tool right-clicking a unit icon adds a blue highlight to it (similar to terrain icons associated to a right-click) even though you cannot associate a unit to a right-click (since the right-click is a context menu). Besides you can add this blue highlight to more than one unit.

6. Village and Unit Tools are only accessible in a Scenario when a Side is created. But when one of these tools is selected then closing all maps does not really 'deactivate' it. Icons in the right pane are grayed out but mouseover icons on the map are still active.
Indeed closing all maps when the Unit Tool is selected and then trying to place a unit on the map crashes the editor.

Edit : fixed a typo
Last edited by GbDorn on December 26th, 2014, 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

tekelili wrote:I have watched several games in wich players were wondering what was cause of sudden oos. Of course they consider all possibilities as different add on version, wrong BfW version, corrupted save, etc, etc... They also have problems to decide what to do to deal with them.

Given that BfW 1.12 is giving randomly oos in multiplayer server at almost 100% rate and players MUST deal with them yes or yes... I really think this should be explained under [...]
Except that this is not correct and we aren’t receiving reports that indicate this happens “at almost 100% rate”. Sigh.

Is it possible some of the participants in the games you’ve watched were using Planning Mode? The feature’s implementation is known to be somewhat touchy.
GbDorn wrote:4. In the Unit Tool 'Falcons' has no icon.
I can say for certain that this particular issue was fixed shortly after release.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

shadowm wrote:...we aren’t receiving reports that indicate this happens “at almost 100% rate”. Sigh.

Is it possible some of the participants in the games you’ve watched were using Planning Mode? The feature’s implementation is known to be somewhat touchy.
Well, in my case I experiment them 100% and given their nature I guess I am not only one. The problem is I am not able to predict some of them (in that case I could do a bug report) but they looks very related to share_vision data. One oos error I can almost predict for sure is after a save reload with sides controlled by AI. after that, host has to use :droid command but remains with enemy vision for 1 turn. This (always in my experience) leads to oos some turns later (but again not able to predict exact moment).

Edit: Btw may be players didnt massive report of often oos in 1.12 server, but that doesnt mean they dont experiment them. I joined a game in 1.10 a week ago to recomend them upgrade to 1.12 and a player answered me: "1.12 is full of bugs". Sincerely, I couldnt give a reply to that affirmation, because I was mostly agree :|

I lately play with the same 3 players, and I know they have (as me) experimented oos in 100% of games. None of them will ever do a report... why? I dont know their reasons, but I can imagine them, as I myself get often discouraged of do it.
World Conquest II
GbDorn

Post by GbDorn »

LoW scenario 19_Costly_Revenge.cfg uses a mask (19_Costly_Revenge.mask) smaller than the base map (Saurgrath.map). This causes the rightmost hexes not to be frozen. This probably comes from commit 6a04be050322bf5a354306148de272b7de285442 where the mask slipped through.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

GbDorn wrote:LoW scenario 19_Costly_Revenge.cfg uses a mask (19_Costly_Revenge.mask) smaller than the base map (Saurgrath.map). This causes the rightmost hexes not to be frozen. This probably comes from commit 6a04be050322bf5a354306148de272b7de285442 where the mask slipped through.
Thank you for reporting the bug.
I will take care about it.
Dindoz

Post by Dindoz »

Thanks you.
I cant wait to test the news "content creator" feature but infortunatly rhonda havent made the 1.12 ubuntu trusty package and the last time I tried to compil it...
well I had to reformat my computer after a whole night battle with gcc :whistle:

So pleaseif someone is generous in this new year I would be extremely grateful !

I really expected the 1.12 with the new fonctional editor.
Computer : Clevo w310cz Os : Ubuntu 13.10 TBoW : 11.11.11
Sorry for my poor english I do my best.