SVN CheckOut failed n'th Time in Sequence

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MetalKing

SVN CheckOut failed n'th Time in Sequence

Post by MetalKing »

I did several Tiems try to checkout the present Source-State but SVN did fail always due to different Reasons like I have to close my Connection (ShutDown), Connection-Problems, etc. This Way I will perhaps never get the newest Source on my Desktop.

I would like to get an SVN-CO-like Tar-Ball of the Project-Files and use SVN's Abilities to UPDATE only the Files which did change to reduce the DownLoad-Amount for SVN CO as if have to to update relative few Files instead the full Bunch. Another Synergy is that svn-co works much faster. Right now I have to consider to delete the incomplete trunk-co due to svn raises Error to continue resp. svn did anyway always start from begin even the local CO was incomplete but valid. That Way I doubt I will anytime archieve the CO completely.

The N of N'th Time Failure in Sequene means: N > 6 .
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
Luther

Re: SVN CheckOut failed n'th Time in Sequence

Post by Luther »

I had this same problem. If I remember correctly, you can resume a failed checkout if you cd into the directory and do 'svn up'.