Wesnoth 1.9.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

charris

Re: Wesnoth 1.9.6

Post by charris »

loonycyborg wrote:
charris wrote: $charris@f13 wesnoth-1.9.6$ ls /usr/lib64/libboost_thread-mt.*
/usr/lib64/libboost_thread-mt.a /usr/lib64/libboost_thread-mt.so.1.44.0
/usr/lib64/libboost_thread-mt.so
Since you didn't attach build/config.log I can only guess but passing boost_suffix=-mt will most likely solve this.
Some distros seem to provide only -mt.so for boost.thread while providing both plain and -mt names for all other boost libs.
AFAICT -mt suffix is obsolete, there's no need to provide libs compiled without -pthread.
Ah, that's where it is ;) Anyway, I think you are right, but a quick look at boost.py indicates some effort to make scons deal with this problem on its own. Perhaps it gets locked into a bad habit on the basis of the first file it finds. The problem started with the 1.9.1 and I note that cmake hasn't had this problem.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

I'm loving the new music that's been added. I don't usually even have the music turned on either!

One query I have, I believe in previous versions that when I have held the mouse pointer over the traits it listed them all, however I have noticed it no longer does this. Is this by design or is it a bug?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Hovering over a trait should show a description of just that one. If some traits fall off the screen, hovering over the last visible one shows the ones you can't see. That seems like an improved design to me. If this doesn't happen on your system, it's a bug.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Ah I understand now, and yes that particular feature is working correctly (I checked Landar's traitson LoW and held my pointer over resilient and it also showed the Loyal trait which was "falling off the screen"). Thanks for the clarification.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Is there anything wrong with the addon server? When one uploads something, it doesn't show the progress(it gets stuck at 0% until it reaches 100%), and in many cases it takes way too much time for the size of the addon, sometimes it doesn't ever finish the upload, and ive seen it crashing wesnoth a few times too.

I run Wesnoth on Windows Vista.
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on May 31st, 2011, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

PapaSmurfReloaded:
I already reported that: #18152 [Gna.org]
Without that "libana" it works as it should, so there are chances that this will be changed in 1.9.7.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Crendgrim wrote:PapaSmurfReloaded:
I already reported that: #18152 [Gna.org]
Without that "libana" it works as it should, so there are chances that this will be changed in 1.9.7.

Crend
Libana?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

The Asynchronous Network API library, a GSoC 2010 project that didn’t live up to our expectations and needs to be fixed some day. It is/was supposed to replace the SDL_net dependency.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
loonixxx

Post by loonixxx »

Alarantalara wrote: This will likely be the last 1.9.x release to support 10.4.
So this is basically the last release for 10.4? 1.9.x and beyond I take it? This make me a sad panda since my old G5 PPC iMac is my main machine and I never upgraded to 10.5 back in the day. And I refuse to even try since copies of 10.5 go for $199 currently.

:(
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

As long as openmp remains optional, you can compile your own version without it using xcode. If it becomes mandatory, you'll need to use gcc 4.2+.