Database units

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Redster

Database units

Post by Redster »

I'll admit i'm not the most well versed in using this forum, and might just have not looked up the right topics, but i like to look in the unit database sometimes to take a look at units i haven't seen. Recently there are the Dune Folk who were added, but Most recently being a few days ago, in one particular version that i opened there are loads of new units! Like the Lvl 5 Troll Gargantuan. Now if this is part of an experimental build, then i understand why its not in game, and I don't believe these units are in game simply because I can't find a way to get to them, but i'm just curious to know if i'm wrong. I recognize art for multiple of them, as well as their sprites, having come from "Invasion from the Unknown" i believe it to be called.
As i said, its possible i just stumbled upon something thats in development and we won't see for awhile, but i'm very excited by the aspects of what I saw, as it would expand many factions into areas that would be awesome to see!
Gweddeoran

Re: Database units

Post by Gweddeoran »

Those are from custom eras made by users like us. They aren't going to be a part of the mainline game anytime soon :P . However, you can download the eras from the Wesnoth Add-ons Server. Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm.
Only the Dunefolk will be a part of the game from Wesnoth 1.15 onward.
Redster

Re: Database units

Post by Redster »

It doesn't really dampen my enthusiasm, the units still exist after all! and thank you for the info, I very much appreciate it