The Rise of Wesnoth 15 - A New Land

Feedback for the mainline campaign The Rise of Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

The Rise of Wesnoth 15 - A New Land

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

1. 112a hard
2. 1... map ends before combat starts
3. pretty vague... don't fight?
4. made for a nice first landing, but there really should be a little bit of fighting.
5. hitting the end turn button repeatedly
6. 2... what's there to do?
7. Move the player keep on the other side of the water, have the battle ending event occur after... 5 or 6 units are killed, just so something happens
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
De Cock Hans

Post by De Cock Hans »

Found a little bug

On 1.1.2 : On easy : They won't attack me so I jump around with Lord Typhon to steal houses Then ater the last turn it says that I have lost.

(The reason they don't attack me is that I had placed the dwarf on the house on the island and the AI refuses to attack a dwarf lord whem his men are standing in the water)

I played all those turns hoping that I would get something special when sitting it out to the end but ...
scott

Post by scott »

De [censored] Hans wrote:Found a little bug

On 1.1.2 : On easy : They won't attack me so I jump around with Lord Typhon to steal houses Then ater the last turn it says that I have lost.

(The reason they don't attack me is that I had placed the dwarf on the house on the island and the AI refuses to attack a dwarf lord whem his men are standing in the water)

I played all those turns hoping that I would get something special when sitting it out to the end but ...
I will take a look, but it might take a while. Thanks for the report!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Peidu

Post by Peidu »

I don't think this scenario merits the template above... Basically you should atleast get a couple of turns fighting in.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Peidu wrote:I don't think this scenario merits the template above... Basically you should atleast get a couple of turns fighting in.
Agreed. It was both annoying and somewhat illogical for you and your enemies to begin recruiting units to fight each other... and then have nothing happen, and a bunch of wasted gold.

My suggestion: have the battle continue until you kill an enemy unit. (NOT until they kill one of your units). Once that happens, have the elf come out and tell you to stop. That way you could get some fighting in, maybe get some XP, and also have a chance to lose a unit if you weren't careful.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Lord Jevyan

Post by Lord Jevyan »

(1) 1.0.2 medium level
(2) 1. Just some panic seeing so many enemies
(3) Clear. Hold position.
(4) Interesting dialog between elves and dwarves
(5) Trying to get many villages and gold for next level
(6) 1. There's nothing to do, so there's no fun.
(7) Nothing can be changed.
Hasta la vittoria per Wesnoth, siempre!
Skyhunter

Re: The Rise of Wesnoth: New Land

Post by Skyhunter »

1.3 meduim
not at all, it was annoying repeating it, first i got a lot of units and i waited for them to come, and what happens, scenario ends victory after 20 turns and i havent even engaged in battle, they were just standing on the shore, i was very dissapointed and ended the game with a large minus.
Second time i go again to make some money(cause i only had 100 from the last scenario, and I made no units and started to go with my lord guy to take some villages and I win scenario after 5 turns ??? what???
I mean first time u waste 15 minutes watching them move to you, boring and it has no real use or challenge.
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objec tives?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10) NOT!!!
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun? Remove it completely its boring...
Isen

Post by Isen »

1.2.3, Hard

Not very. I ended up putting the dwarf on the isle like a previous poster did, and as a result the enemy hordes did not touch me but the elf still interfered and stopped the battle.

"Gee, and you were practicing that speech for days". Great, as always.

Patience?

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Heroic: Defeat all enemies >_>
Although then again, that might radically alter the storyline.
Feanaro

Post by Feanaro »

(1) 1.2.6, easy.
(2) 1
(3) Uhm... just sit back and watch?
(4) Lol. Awesome as always.
(5) The whole scenario was boring. I didn't recuit anything and the AI didn't attack me. I sat there all the frickin' 48 turns and still I lost?!?!
(6) 1. Boring.
(7) Have the elf come after you kill an enemy unit.
SD

Post by SD »

1.3.1 hard

7(1)

Very unclear. It took a long time and some patience to "complete."

Good.

I used 3 mermen to lure the enemy units around. The enemy units go after the closest attackable unit, and will ignore the mermen if they are safely hiding in deep water. They will all rush back to their base when they feel it is threatened.(by approaching units)

By using a team of mermen, ducking in and out of the deep water all around the map... all enemy forces can be herded around for the entire scenario. (At which time i lost despite following the objectives.)

Either add an event to stop the scenario after several turns, add special dialog before the last turn, or adjust the AI come after your leader, or just go right to the event.

I did get some more gold, though. After losing and figuring out what to do... I loaded the last auto-save and charged the enemy.
Testdummy653

Post by Testdummy653 »

.1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on? 1.4 Easy
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) 12
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives? Not very clear I end up fighting after the dialogue
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario? Very interesting the dialogue says come with me and then they attack
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario? Um confusing dialogue, me fighting with like 3 units with no gold or villages um me fighting with out lord merman
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10) 12
misanthropope

Post by misanthropope »

(1) 1.4 medium
(2-6) FAIL! good lord even the scenario *objectives* are screwed up. avoid combat and you get to watch the 400 unit chinese fire drill drag on for 48 turns while you sit and hemorrhage gold.
(7) *cracks knuckles*

OK, the first observation i have is this: why are all the "good" races snotty and treacherous while the orcs are steadfast allies to that necromancer? addressing that problem also fixes this scenario: when the Great Red Arrow Of Plot pipes up (in the person of the fairy printheth), you should have the option to tell her: OFF MY LAND B***H! and claim your forty turns of level-one-demihuman smorgasbord. a little side note is that on turn 2 i saw all those poncy pointy-eared freaks wading through the water when i had half a dozen leveled merfolk to recall... i was actually salivating.

So in "option 2" i figure the campaign branches off into this plot: you make a deal with the orcs (who are good guys, despite dialog that comes right out of games workshop fan-fiction) to cut them in on 50% of the first-ever continent-wide barbecue, and in return, on the final scenario when litchipoo starts wising off the orcs hold him down so you can bash in his dessicated manhood with your swanky new jewel-of-fire-encrusted scepter.

oh, and i'm not quite sure how "lady jessica" got herself burned, irradiated, poisoned, disemboweled AND buried alive in that scenario, but it was definitely the crowning touch!
F50

Post by F50 »

1.4 medium

First I thought it was misleading, and then I realized that it actually gave me good advice as long as I had one village. So I stuck Jessica on the village surrounded by water and let the merman distract the enemy and got enough gold to complete the next scenario. This scenario is actually quite brilliant.

clear.

none

4, its fun to watch the AI get confused.

Perhaps require you to kill a unit, that would make it somewhat more difficult. The scenario also should require that mermen do not do any actual attacking, to keep in line with the dialog.
Eupator

Post by Eupator »

Very unclear. Jessica seems to think I should recruit as few units as possible, but the objectives said to avoid confrontation. I recruited no units and waited until the enemy attacked me on turn ten. At this point, the bit of dialog about the elven council happens, and what's-her-face appears. Afterward, the scenario simply continued. I checked the objectives, and they still instructed me to avoid confrontation. All enemies continued to attack, so I decided, rather than twiddling my thumbs, to attack back. I defeated all enemy leaders (including what's-her-face) and emerged victorious.

The dialogue was interesting enough, but it didn't much help for clarity.

Figuring out what they were.

Clearer objectives, glitch fixing, and something a bit more involved than passing turns.