Gryphon Mountain bug in 1.1.1?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Audex

Gryphon Mountain bug in 1.1.1?

Post by Audex »

I finished the gryphon mountain scenario, killing the gryphon and having Konrad saying that the eggs would come in handy (paraphrasing of course). But when I go to the next level, I don't have the option of recruiting gryphon riders. Is this a bug or am I missing something else?

Also, I am running Mac OS X 10.3.9

Thanks
scott

Post by scott »

You're missing something. Keep playing. If you make it to Test of the Clans without figuring it out, let me know.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
urgemanphil

Re: Grypon Mountain

Post by urgemanphil »

I had the same problem after finishing the Gryphon Mountain scenario. I am running the same versions of both Mac OS X and Wesnoth...
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Grypon Mountain

Post by Soliton »

urgemanphil wrote:I had the same problem after finishing the Gryphon Mountain scenario. I am running the same versions of both Mac OS X and Wesnoth...
One could argue that the same answer is valid for you too then. Infact the operating system you use doesn't even affect it at all!
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
urgemanphil

Gryphon Mountain Update

Post by urgemanphil »

I went back and replayed the Gryphon Mountain scenario with version 10.0.2. When I made it to the next scenario, I COULD recruit gryphon riders. I would also note that I used the same save of the Gryphon Mountain scenario both times through. Any ideas?
scott

Post by scott »

scott wrote:You're missing something. Keep playing. If you make it to Test of the Clans without figuring it out, let me know.
Read.

The.

Answer.

Thank.

You.

Yeesh.

:)
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Why don't you just tell them what the answer is? :?

In any case, I don't think the dialogue given in HttT is enough to justify this as not being a bug. If the user can't understand it, it's a bug. That seems clear from the number of people that have asked about this since the change was made.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

The only reason people think it's a bug is because they know what to expect. If you played it for the first time, especially with the extra line of dialog in trunk, there would be no question as to what's happening.

But, I can be clearer.

It's not a bug.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scott wrote:The only reason people think it's a bug is because they know what to expect. If you played it for the first time, especially with the extra line of dialog in trunk, there would be no question as to what's happening.
I've looked in trunk, and it appears to me that the extra line of dialogue is basically, " When they are large enough to carry mounts...". I don't really that that's clear enough, since it is somewhat counterintuitive for you not to get them immediately... IMHO a line from Konrad saying "why can't we get them now?" or somesuch might be appropriate. But your call.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

Look at the next scenario.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Heidi M

Post by Heidi M »

I think you are being a little needlessly rough here. I have been playing Wesnoth on and off for a year or so, never got past the Sceptre of Fire, but every other time I played it after GRPHYON MOUNTAIN I could recruit. So you changed something. Why not just say that instead of being a snot? I was perplexed by the lack of gryphons in FORDS OF ABEZ, but I guess from reading this that they will grow up in time. Just guessing. Your game is great and I love playing it, but I come here for info not snark.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Heidi M wrote:So you changed something. Why not just say that instead of being a snot?
Check out changelog.wesnoth.org.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott