"Are you sure you want to end turn" after everybod

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

"Are you sure you want to end turn" after everybod

Post by irrevenant »

I have assigned all my units move targets that they won't reach for a couple of turns. So my turn starts, they all move automatically, and I end my turn.

However, when I end my turn, I get the "Your turn has just begun, are you sure you want to end it?" message. Surely this shouldn't come up when I have no movement points left?

Thanx.
scott

Post by scott »

This happened to me too
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

If I saved after all units have moved: same thing.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Same thing here. I'd like to have an option to disable this completely.
I'd also like to have an option to not save replays (i dont save them, but in case that is a popular feature, my point is that i dont want to save my own failures....)
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

shevegen wrote:Same thing here. I'd like to have an option to disable this completely.
I'd also like to have an option to not save replays (i dont save them, but in case that is a popular feature, my point is that i dont want to save my own failures....)
The important thing would be to add an option to not ask if you want to save a replay since some people would like to. By default it should ask you since otherwise new players wouldn't know that the possibility exists.
Corwin
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Corwin wrote:
shevegen wrote:Same thing here. I'd like to have an option to disable this completely.
The important thing would be to add an option to not ask if you want to save a replay since some people would like to. By default it should ask you since otherwise new players wouldn't know that the possibility exists.
Just say "no," I'm used to it it.
ott
Inactive Developer

Re: "Are you sure you want to end turn" after ever

Post by ott »

irrevenant wrote:I have assigned all my units move targets that they won't reach for a couple of turns. So my turn starts, they all move automatically, and I end my turn.

However, when I end my turn, I get the "Your turn has just begun, are you sure you want to end it?" message. Surely this shouldn't come up when I have no movement points left?
This is the way the code works, unfortunately. See playturn.cpp around the comment "//Ask for confirmation if the player hasn't made any moves (other than gotos)." which I cleaned up a few months ago to at least match the comments and fix Savannah bug #12986, but this has been in the code for a long time.

There is an undocumented preference option called "confirm_end_turn" which can be set to yellow, green or no_moves (the default). Setting

Code: Select all

confirm_end_turn=yellow
in your preferences file should ask for confirmation only if there are units which can still move, and set it to green to seek confirmation only if some units haven't moved at all. (No, there is no way to set this option in-game.)
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Re: "Are you sure you want to end turn" after ever

Post by HaJo »

ott wrote:
irrevenant wrote:I have assigned all my units move targets .. So my turn starts, they all move automatically, and I end my turn.
However, when I end my turn, I get the "Your turn has just begun, are you sure you want to end it?" message.
There is an undocumented preference option called "confirm_end_turn"
which can be set to yellow, green or no_moves (the default).
(No, there is no way to set this option in-game.)
I had the same "are you sure" problem. This setting really works, Thanks for the info !

I think it would be useful to have this as an official option.
-HaJo