Amla

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:

Amla

Post by Guest »

This isn't so much a bug report as an observation.
The 2 level units fully heal when AMLA applies.
The 3 level units get 3 hit points when AMLA applies.

It is an error ?
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

See https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index. ... m_id=13921 for ongoing discussion. The lv2/3 distinction has not been observed before. Personally, I am unable to reproduce the problem and more details would be useful.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Rothrorn

Post by Rothrorn »

I have also noticed this effect, although it doesn't seem to be a lvl2/3 distinction since I had a dwarven lord fully healed when he reached his amla bonus. I think the difference occurs with unique characters -so the likes of konrad, lisar, kalenz and delfador only get 3 hp, all others become fully healed.

Personally I think 3 hp only should be the rule, it seems a bit generous to get fully healed every 100 xp.
Rothrorn the Wise
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

As I said at the bug report, neither I nor Darth Fool have been able to reproduce the problem described here. For me, all max level units get +3 to their max HP, and I have not seen any max level units heal. More details of the exact configuration you are running would be useful (please attach comments to the bug report), so that we can isolate why this occurs for some people and not others.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Ok, Thanks to some detective work by others identifying that the bug was related to the traits, I have been able to fix this bug. It should work fine in the CVS version now.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Using the mac version of 0.9.6, playing Eastern Invasion with savegames from 9.5 (shouldn't matter, cos it's a game engine change), AMLA is still wonky with full heals for certain traits.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

blackjack wrote:Using the mac version of 0.9.6, playing Eastern Invasion with savegames from 9.5 (shouldn't matter, cos it's a game engine change), AMLA is still wonky with full heals for certain traits.
If you are using savegames from previous versions, to eliminate the AMLA problems you will need to modify the file to clear all the heal_full=yes in the unit traits. This can be done with a simple text editor. If the save file is a binary file, run wesnoth with:

Code: Select all

wesnoth --decompress savefile.orig savefile.new
or alternatively use the advanced preferences and change binary saves to no and then load and resave the game.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thanks for the speedy reply.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire