Display bug in fullscreen

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Khiraly

Display bug in fullscreen

Post by Khiraly »

Hi!

I have just compiled the newest version of CVS.
Is there somithing wrong.
First of all I must precise the resolution.
May display resolution is 1024*768 and I run wesnoth in full screen mod.

The display is just like a 800*600 image that is horizontally extended to 1024. So its I suppose 1024*600.

I have made a screenshot:
http://195.70.46.92/egyeb/bugjan28.png

Its in my Debian system(linux).

Equally the mouse cursor is limited too. So I cant move over the black space(at the top and bottom).

Can you fix this problem?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Can you try going into preferences and changing the video mode and specifying the resolution you want? Does this fix things?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

Dave wrote:Can you try going into preferences and changing the video mode and specifying the resolution you want? Does this fix things?
,,There are no alternative video modes available.''

All the other version have runed fine. This bug is new for me.

Khiraly

(the configuration:
make clean ; ./configure --enable-tools && make
)
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

Hi!

I have measured the game space. Its 1024*676 pixel (768-(2*46)).
I dont know from where it is coming, but maybe in the near past have changed something.
(One week ago it worked fine. This bug have appaered with the new Konrad starting screen ....)

If I can help something let me know!
miyo

Post by miyo »

How do you start Wesnoth? Windowed? Fullscreen? Do you then switch to fullscreen or windowed? Or do you start in fullscreen mode and stay in fullscreen mode?

- Miyo
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

miyo wrote:How do you start Wesnoth? Windowed? Fullscreen? Do you then switch to fullscreen or windowed? Or do you start in fullscreen mode and stay in fullscreen mode?
I have started in fullscreen mode. Its wrong. After I have switched to windowed mode, and reswitched to fullscreen mode. It doesn't change. Its wrong.

I have even tried to left the game in windowed mode, and start in windowed mode and after switch to fullscreen mode. Its wrong.

So it not seems to change anything(what mode I have started), it rest wrong display resolution.

Khiraly
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Can you try looking in your preferences file, $HOME/.wesnoth/preferences and see what the values of 'xresolution' and 'yresolution' are?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

Dave wrote:Can you try looking in your preferences file, $HOME/.wesnoth/preferences and see what the values of 'xresolution' and 'yresolution' are?

David
Thx for the for the quick reponse!
Yes this was the problem.

Best regards,
Khiraly

Code: Select all

fullscreen="true"
grid="false"
host="devsrv.wesnoth.org"
locale="Hungarian"
login="Khiraly"
music_volume="0.164491"
scroll="0.597911"
show_side_colours="no"
sound_volume="0.112272"
theme="Default"
turbo="true"
turn_bell="no"
turn_dialog="no"
xresolution="1020"
yresolution="676"
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay, now if we only knew how your preferences got to be set like this :?:

The most likely explanation is going from fullscreen to windowed, resizing the window around a bit, and then going back to fullscreen.

If you try to set a 'weird' resolution, like 1020x676 in this case, with SDL in full screen, what it'll do is set the mode to the next highest supported resolution (1024x768) and then make the unused edges black, to 'emulate' the video mode you want.

David
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

Dave wrote:Okay, now if we only knew how your preferences got to be set like this :?:
I have found, how it has happened. My mother have tried to maximize in windowed mode, like for all the other applications must be made. Now I have tried the same thing,(so I switch to windowed mode, and essaie to maximize with the window button, and reswitch to fullscreen.), and the resolution is wrong.

Sometime even crash when I click over the maximize button.

Cheers,
Khiraly
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Khiraly wrote: Sometime even crash when I click over the maximize button.
It crashes when you click the maximize button? Can you get a core dump and stack trace?

David
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

Dave wrote: It crashes when you click the maximize button? Can you get a core dump and stack trace?
Just sometime. :-( (So I cant reproduce. I have tried 10 times, but now it doesn't crash)

But when its maximized, the game twickle. So inside the window is blinkers.