Levelling bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
howwitty

Levelling bug

Post by howwitty »

Hello this bug was rather entertaining but I'm not sure if it will be addressed since it used "Triple strike". Triple strike is a user made area of effect attack which granted experience to a Gargoyle at the end of a round of combat, as usual. I noticed a few things as a result:
  • the combat sequence apparently never ended. I could not end my turn or save the game while the gargoyle's xp was increasing
  • The xp iterated sequentially as reflected in the log
  • I apparently broke the sequence with the "Back to turn..." option and was able to save the gamewhile the bug was occurring
  • Upon reloading, I tried ending my turn. When the AI controlling the side started the turn, It ended up duplicating the gargoyle unit onto every hex immediately below until it reached the bottom of the screen. Then the AI proceeded to move the next unit as if nothing had happened.
Not sure if the last point is due to the map, scrolling survival, or to the bug.

I first encountered the bug by attacking the unit adjacent to the gargoyle, with xp cap less one xp, with a unit that has triplestrike. So when the gargoyle received 1 xp, then it should have advanced to the next level, but instead there was a bug.
ezgif-7-e68035cf8eb8.gif
ezgif-7-e68035cf8eb8.gif (321.63 KiB) Viewed 600 times
version.jpg
Attachments
wesnoth-20210730-050708-1260.log
(93.25 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
I'm tired.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Levelling bug

Post by Ravana »

Does it happen in 1.15.15 EoMa too? (While you used unit not from EoMa, it uses ability defined in EoMa.
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

[issue]Great question Ravana, I have no idea if that is or is not the case.[/issue] We may have been playing in the Ageless Union Era, which included units from EoMa.
I'm tired.
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

:D 👍
I'm tired.