Lost general bugs and more

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
quartex
Inactive Developer

Lost general bugs and more

Post by quartex »

Note: I'm running v0.6.1 so I don't know if any of these bugs have been fixed already. I'm using Mac OS 10.2.8, and using the binary off the website.

The biggest bug i found was when I was facing the lost general. I kept dying so i had to reload my save many times. One save I used seems to have been right before the long conversation with the lost general is triggered. I finally beat him and saved, upon loading that save, and in fact upon loading all the saves I made for the rest of that level, that conversation kept being triggered. It would display my units as they were right before the conversation, then trigger the conversation, and when the conversation was over, it would jump across the map to where my units actually were when i made that save.

Also two turns after I killed the lost general a lone skeleton appeared in his base. I killed it and waited, but no other undead units appeared. Technically that shouldn't happen because the leader was dead, right?

Final Bug: This actually happened a lot in Dwarven Doors and also in Hasty Alliance. Units would get phantom trails, and start charging off to the horizon, when I swear I never gave them a path to go. In dwarven doors my paladins and horsemen had an annoying tendency to charge across the map on a path that lead to the main dwarven doors. Now I know this isn't just a stray mouseclick, becuase not only did they do this beforer I even had scrolled over to their destination, but also upon starting Hasty Alliance for the first time, one of my horseman charged off to the west, before I even clicked him. That was a mite annoying when you are surrounded by enemies. Has anyone else had this happen?

Those are all the bugs I found. But I had two other questions.

Map design question: In Mountain Pass it says you have to get Keldon to the end of the path to win. However I tried a riskier technique of killing the leaders, mainly with dwarves. Upon killing the second leader the level ended, which is a good thing because I probably wouldn't have had the time to take the detours to kill the leaders and get to the end of the path in 24 turns. However shouldn't that be stated as an alternate winning option in the scenario info screen? To me killing the leaders seemed easier than trying to slog it through the entire path being attack from all sides.

Also a nit picky cartography question: The map has us walking to the northern lands to find the dwarves, then when we are underground we suddenly pop over to the dwarven lands, quite farther west. Are the dwarven tunnels that long? Also it might be cool to have the map show your previous battles and paths, so you can see where you have gone, like they do in Warcraft 3's maps.

I have save file I made right after I killed the lost general. It shows the conversation bug and two turns later a lone skeleton will appear. I tried to upload it to the forum, but it won't let me; I could e-mail it as proof.
Kamahawk

Re: Lost general bugs and more

Post by Kamahawk »

quartex wrote:Map design question: In Mountain Pass it says you have to get Keldon to the end of the path to win. However I tried a riskier technique of killing the leaders, mainly with dwarves. Upon killing the second leader the level ended, which is a good thing because I probably wouldn't have had the time to take the detours to kill the leaders and get to the end of the path in 24 turns. However shouldn't that be stated as an alternate winning option in the scenario info screen?
No, its allready been stated that that is given in any situation.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

I did the Lost general level, at that time if a side had lost its leader no units will appear, things have changed now so that skeleton/s appears.
The idea is to open another passage to the undeads if the player didnt fount the crumbling walls. a skeleton/s were summoned just to prevent the player to rush the leader.
Now, the unit should be wrapped in another event just checking if his boss is still alive^H^H^H^H errr undead. It will be fixed thanks for the report.