6.1 replay bugs

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
jmosher

6.1 replay bugs

Post by jmosher »

Mac OS X compiled version.

The replay inappropriately asks you to select choices during the replay instead of remembering what was chosen in the saved game. Wesnoth then complains that your save is corrupt and drops you into the middle of the scenario, with complete control from that point.

Another problem with replays - I would call it a bug - is that you are forced to go on to the next scenario if you replay a finished scenario. In this case, you should get a question whether you want to continue or quit.
Joshua
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: 6.1 replay bugs

Post by Dave »

jmosher wrote: The replay inappropriately asks you to select choices during the replay instead of remembering what was chosen in the saved game. Wesnoth then complains that your save is corrupt and drops you into the middle of the scenario, with complete control from that point.
Hmm...you're quite right! I'll look into fixing this...

Although the 'correct' solution is a little ambiguous: I can not show the dialog at all, or I guess I could show it and tell the user which answer they selected...

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
methinks

Post by methinks »

This is seems to be a problem...

Maybe ask people what they think is better solution? I personally would prefer option with telling users what they have chosen, this way no replay info is left out.

-Adam
jmosher

Re: 6.1 replay bugs

Post by jmosher »

Dave wrote: Although the 'correct' solution is a little ambiguous: I can not show the dialog at all, or I guess I could show it and tell the user which answer they selected...

David
I definitely prefer telling the user which was selected.
Joshua