translation tag

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Guillaume

translation tag

Post by Guillaume »

Hi,

I'm updating the french translation, from version 0.6.2, but I think that there are maybe some problems with some "tags":

_ Is that sure that the two first tags are called scep1 and scep2, and not sceptre1 and sceptre2?

scep1="..."
scep2="..."
sceptre10="..."
sceptre3="..."
sceptre4="..."
sceptre9="..."

_ Is that normal to have a tag called und2_14 and not und2_2_14?

und2_14="..."
und2_2_1="..."
und2_2_10="..."
und2_2_11="..."

_ Is that normal not to have a tag und2_2_7?

und2_2_6="..."
und2_2_8="..."
und2_2_9="..."

Guillaume
Circon

Post by Circon »

I can comment on the Undead campaign. My first attempt at tagging had no idea on how translations worked, so they were 1_1, 1_2, same as in Heir to the Throne.
Then later, I marked my tags as 2_2_1 etc, meaning Campaign2_Scenario2_Message1.
Then somebody fixed the originals by putting "und" in front of the message id.

To clear up: ALL TAGS IN THE UNDEAD CAMPAIGN SHOULD BE PREFIXED BY "2_", THEN SCENARIO NUMBER.

These will (have to) be fixed sometime before version 1, but I'm too lazy to do it at the time... new years fireworks and all.

No idea why 2_2_7 is missing.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Having tags that begin with numbers and contain no letters is legal, but is probably not a good idea. I suggest using a convention of 'undx_y' where 'x' is the scenario number and 'y' is the number of the message.

Perhaps translators should avoid translating message ids related to the undead campaign until it is worked out in a consistent manner.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming