Usability with end turn button

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Lga

Usability with end turn button

Post by Lga »

Hello,

First post her though I have been playing BfW for years (off and on) and lurking in the forums for some time as well..

I am wondering if I should post here or in the user forum. Forgive me if this is not the right place. The usability issue I have is revealed by playing on a tablet (android port in this case) but related to the UI.

I have taken to play on a tablet, mostly on the subway. Since the 'end turn' button sits on the bottom right, I find myself quite often unvoluntarily brushing it with the palm of my hand when making a move and ending the turn prematurely.

I know that I could activate an option in the config file to get a confirmation dialog but since my tablet is not rooted, I can't access it without reinstalling everything and loosing my current game.

Would it be possible to move the option to the gui preferences?

Alternatively, I would favor moving the button somewhere else. I don't think it is used enough to deserve such a premium placement.

Does anybody have a thought on this or could suggest something?

Best,

Lga.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Usability with end turn button

Post by Pentarctagon »

The thread for Android support is here.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Lga

Post by Lga »

Hello,

I will ask there since I am playing on Android. However, the underlying issue is not specific to Android. Playing on IOS or on a Windows 2-in-1 in tablet mode will also have this problem.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

The position of the end turn button is defined by the current theme. At least one other theme comes with wesnoth AFAIR. You could try that.

Otherwise you or someone else could make a theme that better fits your needs. There is for example the "Combat Information Theme" available as an addon. I think it doesn't change the end turn button position though.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Soliton wrote: October 17th, 2019, 12:41 pm There is for example the "Combat Information Theme" available as an addon. I think it doesn't change the end turn button position though.
That's correct. The Combat Info Theme doesn't change anything in the right-hand sidebar, except for showing the damage histogram when the mouse is over an enemy unit.