Cannot connect to the official MP server

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
pimppi

Cannot connect to the official MP server

Post by pimppi »

ok ok so i have been playing for some real long time now, i made new user you know its activated registered and all but when i go in game and try to login to the offical server with my password and username and click ok after entering them nothing happens and i checked them and they both are right pls halp
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on March 15th, 2016, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title
Elvish_Hunter

Re: Cannot connect to the official MP server

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

First of all, welcome to the forums :)
Please be sure to read our Posting Guidelines. As per point 1a of the aforementioned Guidelines, the next time please take your time to write with the proper caps and punctuation. We don't have a time limit to write a post, after all ;) Also, per point 1c, please use a meaningful title - "pls help" doesn't say much about your question. I modified it for you.
pimppi wrote:i made new user you know its activated registered and all
We know. If your account wasn't properly activated, you wouldn't be able to post here in the first place :P
pimppi wrote:after entering them nothing happens and i checked them and they both are right
Define nothing happens. Something must happen, but what? Do you get an error message, the game freezes and you must force close it, or what else?
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Napster

Post by Napster »

Hi everybody, I have the same problem, but i use battle for wesnoth app for android device (downloaded it from play store) when i try to connect to the official mp server i've got this message error: Napster contain invalid character, only alphanumeric character ect are allowed... Ok make sense, but when i signed up to this forum i created my provile with an email a nickname and a password, i know any alphanumeric thins to log in
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Octavius_Secundus

Post by Octavius_Secundus »

Hello,
I am new to forums and tried to find a post which described my problem, but I was not able to find one.
I also want to apologize for any wrong grammar or wrong spelling in advance.
So I have the problem that every time I try to connect to any server (multiplayer) the Game shows me a loading screen and gives me the error message "Error Connection failed: Connection refused". When I try to connect to the add-ons server it gives me the error message "Error Remote host disconnected". I downloaded "Battle for Wesnoth" through Steam. I have the suspicion that it has something to do with that.
Thank you for taking your time to read my request for help.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

That should be an error with your Internet, however I am not sure. Is your Internet stable?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

The steam version works just the same.

I cannot find any connection from the IP you used to connect to the forum in the server logs of the add-on and mp servers. So as EarthCake mentioned it's an issue with your connection. Are you behind some firewall or so? It seems odd that you can connect to the webserver on wesnoth.org but not other ports.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott