Can't connect to multiplayer nor add-on server

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Spirit_of_Currents

Can't connect to multiplayer nor add-on server

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

This problem has occured with 1.12.2 but not with 1.12.0 (I tried MP). When I tried to connect to the multiplayer server, Wesnoth said that no connection could be created. stderr.txt: "20150425 10:19:05 error network: caught network::error: Could not connect to host." I can still use the net via Firefox. When I tried to connect to the add-on server, I had to wait for dozens of seconds, and then Wesnoth completely crashed without any error message. stderr.txt: "Caught general exception: socket_select_interrupter: Yhteyttä ei voi muodostaa, koska kohdekone ei salli sitä" That Finnish text means "The connection can't be created because the target computer doesn't allow it." Edit: I'm using Windows XP and that version of Wesnoth has worked earlier.
There are very much electrochemical currents in my brain.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Can't connect to multiplayer nor add-on server

Post by Iris »

Are you by any chance running a local firewall that’s blocking one Wesnoth executable and not the other, if you installed 1.12.2 and 1.12.0 to different paths?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Spirit_of_Currents

Re: Can't connect to multiplayer nor add-on server

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I did something to my firewall and the Wesnoth problem disappeared. Thanks for help!
There are very much electrochemical currents in my brain.